OTA Update Contents

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if there was a stealth improvement in the latest OTA update? Prior to today I had to walk up to the driver's door and stand for a second or two before the car recognized I was there. Today it recognizes me as I approach from about 15 feet away. It surprises me how such a small thoughtful change makes a big difference.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if there was a stealth improvement in the latest OTA update? Prior to today I had to walk up to the driver's door and stand for a second or two before the car recognized I was there. Today it recognizes me as I approach from about 15 feet away. It surprises me how such a small thoughtful change makes a big difference.
Just curious what type of phone you have? Apple or Android and what model, also if others with a similar experience and what type of phone. Just wondering if it makes any difference or if one is better than another at this point.

mig

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wasn't paying enough attention, but with my Android phone, walk up unlock got much better within the last week (from pretty much unusable to almost completely reliable). The car is on 2018.4.9, and the app is v3.3.2 (updated on Feb 23, 2018). I may have only just noticed it because I'd taken to always cycling bluetooth off/on on the phone, or just using the keycard...

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Samsung S8 and S8+ were the first phones to support Bluetooth 5 which has about double the range. I'm not sure which version of Bluetooth the Model 3 hardware supports. If it's v. 5, maybe it needed a software update to enable it? Just a wild ass guess.