Ordering parts from Tesla?

Kermit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had my car xpel wrapped and removed the hood emblem because I read somewhere on here a new one was like $25 from a service center's parts dept. So I'm ready for a new hood emblem and every day I call my 'local' service center (400+ miles away) and every day nobody in the parts department picks up so I leave a voicemail. Nobody ever calls me back.

I can live without a hood emblem for now (but man I really want it...) but it's getting me a little worried, what if I ever need an actual important part? Is there just no parts service to speak of?

I still have my old emblem, should I try cleaning the gunk off it and reapplying? Or should I order a 3rd party emblem? Thanks for any opinions!

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had my car xpel wrapped and removed the hood emblem because I read somewhere on here a new one was like $25 from a service center's parts dept. So I'm ready for a new hood emblem and every day I call my 'local' service center (400+ miles away) and every day nobody in the parts department picks up so I leave a voicemail. Nobody ever calls me back.

I can live without a hood emblem for now (but man I really want it...) but it's getting me a little worried, what if I ever need an actual important part? Is there just no parts service to speak of?

I still have my old emblem, should I try cleaning the gunk off it and reapplying? Or should I order a 3rd party emblem? Thanks for any opinions!
Just use the stock emblem, its still good. Try Goo Gone and a rubber scrapper to get the adhesive off.

Call another service center or call your local SC again and ask to speak to a manager and explain your frustration.

Kermit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just use the stock emblem, its still good. Try Goo Gone and a rubber scrapper to get the adhesive off.

Call another service center or call your local SC again and ask to speak to a manager and explain your frustration.
Goo gone, I can do that - but how to reattach it? Is there a special adhesive that would work well?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Goo gone, I can do that - but how to reattach it? Is there a special adhesive that would work well?
My front emblem was removed for PPF as well. The SC in Toronto got me one in a week for $35 CDN. Detailer suggested not reinstalling it. He liked the look without it. I still haven’t put it on and probably won’t now. I like it without as well (except for the stupid plate):

e7176478-4137-46e9-9da3-3ce5b3775a7d-jpeg.16047

I would just call another service center as they vary widely in customer repair, customer service, and parts availability. It also doesn’t hurt to get to know a local Tesla certified body shop repair facility and
/or your ranger as often times they will hook you up.

Good-luck !

Kermit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would just call another service center as they vary widely in customer repair, customer service, and parts availability. It also doesn’t hurt to get to know a local Tesla certified body shop repair facility and
/or your ranger as often times they will hook you up.

Good-luck !
Called another SC (Toronto) and still no dice. Little scary.... Feeling lucky my 3 has been perfect so far.

How could I find my local Tesla ranger?

It shouldn’t be scary and please don’t fret. If I remeber correctly, during the Q1 conference call the Tweet maestro said that he was taking over the duties of departed John McNeil (HMIC of world wide sales and service). Just yesterday he posted that there are major gaps in geographic coverage WRT to service locations. He was very gracious in apologizing for this foolish oversight and now Tesla will aim to cover all regions within 3-6 months. Gosh, that schedule seems a tad bit overly aggressive in finding a suitable location/real estate, permitting, finding quality contractors, signing contracts for new construction or upgrading an existing building and bringing it up to current safety and building codes, procuring and installing automotive equipment, finding/training service personnel all in a matter of 2 quarters. You might be fortunate enough to have a service center with an occompanying body shop who’s goal is a previously stated 1 hr repair.

_Travis_

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm attempting to buy a few repair parts for my Model 3. Door clips, trunk liner clips, small things like that. https://epc.teslamotors.com/ provides the part numbers and Tesla phone support told me to email inquiries to dallas_parts@tesla.com, so I emailed them, but I haven't received a response. Has anyone successfully purchased repair parts from Tesla for any Tesla vehicle? If so, how did you do that?

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup, back in October and November I purchased a bunch of parts (bumper clips, fender liner clips, second set of fog assemblies) by quoting the part numbers to local service center parts department and asking them to place the order on my behalf.

Once the parts came in, I picked thrm up.

Supposedly this is not so easy for structural components.

_Travis_

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup, back in October and November I purchased a bunch of parts (bumper clips, fender liner clips, second set of fog assemblies) by quoting the part numbers to local service center parts department and asking them to place the order on my behalf.

Once the parts came in, I picked thrm up.

Supposedly this is not so easy for structural components.
Cool, I'll just call the local service center then. Thanks.

Ole1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Meg, How do you "get" a Ranger to be "yours" ....
... or more specifically, how do we "get" a ranger ? (in order to ge parts)

Meg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well... i called the 1800 when my Frunk primary actuator failed (Stuck Frunk)
I got to know my Ranger, Jarod, after this first visit.
& I had a noise near the glovebox he tried to fix. I’ve seen him a total of 5 times. The first time I saw him, I purchased extra windshields wipers.

When I got a flat tire, I txtd him & he ordered the new tire & had it shipped to me.

My Ranger is awesome.