Ordered Obsidian Black- Do I Gotta Pay More?

Country
Country
They announced yesterday that Model 3s with Obsidian Black Metallic paint will cost an extra $500, but I paid my deposit (plus reservation fee) for my order last June. Can they change the cost of my car, or will it only affect new orders?
Thanks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Orders are locked in when configured. So if you already configured and paid the deposit, the price at that time is your price

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you car hasn't been produced yet there's probably a slight chance you can change your order but expect to pay a penalty to do it. Check with Tesla directly

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The email I got said that the price increase (and the option going offline) will not take effect until Friday. It also said orders placed through today for obsidian black and silver will be produced on an expedited basis.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The paint option begins phase out on Friday the 14th, which at that point, the price is $2000 instead of $1500. At that point there is a 1 week window to choose that paint and then on the 21st, it will no longer be an option. If you've already placed an order with that paint option, you will be grandfathered in for the earlier price so long as you don't change your paint and then decide to try to go back.