Ordered June 30 - GETTING THIS MONDAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys!

I ordered on June 30...yesterday my Oct/Dec delivery date was shortened to July-October...

JUST GOT A CALL 2 minutes ago....My car is ready MONDAY!!!

One thing...VERY IMPORTANT!!!

I was told by the rep that they are at around the 200,000 production figure...and have been doing 7000 cars a week...so if anyone wants to make that tax credit, best to order now!

Mike

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup. Tax credit expires December 31 of this year.

[mod edit: This is incorrect. The Tax credit changes from $7500 to $3750 on January 1 2019]

Last edited by a moderator:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup. Tax credit expires December 31 of this year.
We do know the $7,500 portion of the credit expires 12/31, but we don’t know if they’ve actually delivered 200k cars yet. They just updated their rebates/credits information and perhaps did so preemptively.

Last edited:

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What was your configuration?
I ordered also on June, but my delivery is not until Sep./Nov
Silver, Long Range, Premium Interior, Enhanced Autopilot, 19" wheels.

A rep contacted me last week, which was the initial contact...then voila...he called me today and said it was ready for Monday.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jeesh guys, can we stop spreading the misinformation?

The tax credit will be available until I believe the end of next year. At this point it is 100% and starting in January it goes to 50%, then in July, 25%.

Beagle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A friend put in a $1K deposit about two weeks ago, configured Tuesday, the 10th, and received and email on Thursday with VIN and pickup date next week. I was a 3/31 line waiter and only waited 26 months. Oh well, that does make me the local expert. ;):rolleyes:

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jeesh guys, can we stop spreading the misinformation?

The tax credit will be available until I believe the end of next year. At this point it is 100% and starting in January it goes to 50%, then in July, 25%.
Lol yes my bad. I screwed the pooch on that one since I’m glad I’ll be getting the full credit. Brain fart. :)

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When you say “have been doing” does that mean deliveries or production? If the latter I don’t believe that at all.
Tesla hopes to hit 7,000 a week Model 3 production later in 2018. They did 5,000 in the last week of Q2 2018.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla hopes to hit 7,000 a week Model 3 production later in 2018. They did 5,000 in the last week of Q2 2018.
Getting there and doing it now are different, which was what I based my point on. if we're looking at M3, AND S/X, well then they are probably close to that production now across all lines. (although I'd bet it's below 7000 actually - they pulled a lot of staff and resources from S/X production to ring the 5000 bell on M3).

7000 M3 is still going to be a while, I'll be impressed if they hit 7000 a wk M3 by start Q4, MAYBE before end Q4.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Getting there and doing it now are different, which was what I based my point on. if we're looking at M3, AND S/X, well then they are probably close to that production now across all lines. (although I'd bet it's below 7000 actually - they pulled a lot of staff and resources from S/X production to ring the 5000 bell on M3).

7000 M3 is still going to be a while, I'll be impressed if they hit 7000 a wk M3 by start Q4, MAYBE before end Q4.
For sure it's going to be difficult. But it seems Tesla at least is starting to understand how to reach 5,000 without the extraordinary efforts of the last week of June. They did learn from that. Tons of learning and rapid innovation going on, as usual.

I believe either Elon or Tesla tweeted 7k Model 3s per week was the target for Q4 2018.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I believe either Elon or Tesla tweeted 7k Model 3s per week was the target for Q4 2018.
as we've seen from Elon, that can and most likely will mean 12/31/2018 23:59:59. Although, they probably will have a work stoppage at various times over the holiday period end of December