• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did your M3 delivery go off without a hitch?

• Yes, on time as originally scheduled

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Yes, but after at least one Tesla-caused delay

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • No, I was supposed to get my M3 already and am now back to waiting :-(

Votes: 37 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats on the cars guys. Did you freak the truck driver out just a little by showing him pics of himself and his truck from the previous deliveries he'd just made!?

Last edited:

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats on the cars guys. Did you freak the truck driver out just a little by showing him pics of himself and his truck from the previous deliveries he'd just made !
I did actually. He wasn’t too wigged out. He told me that they normally transport Ferrari’s and the like, so I assume they’re used to it.

Country
Country
I ordered a long Range RWD 5 weeks ago. I have tried to contact Tesla and no one will answer e-mils, chat room, or phone calls. My sales person that took my order will not even return my phone calls. I would like to find out if I am getting the vehicle or not, and some kind of idea on how much longer I have to wait. As long as I know I am going to get it, I will wait as long as needed. Does any one know how to get ahold of someone from Tesla?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a long Range RWD 5 weeks ago. I have tried to contact Tesla and no one will answer e-mils, chat room, or phone calls. My sales person that took my order will not even return my phone calls. I would like to find out if I am getting the vehicle or not, and some kind of idea on how much longer I have to wait. As long as I know I am going to get it, I will wait as long as needed. Does any one know how to get ahold of someone from Tesla?
is there a reason you think you would NOT be getting the car? Since RWD-LR isn't one of the 'menu' options, it likely will take longer for them to batch the production for the RWD-LR than the other models. Most of everyone hear waited significantly longer than 5 weeks, so be patient, it is for sure worth it :)

call the customer service line or use the chat durning business hours if you need to get ahold of someone, after hours and weekends are not as easy to reach them.

bimmerbahn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting! I wouldn‘t sweat it. have you checked your order on the portal??

I ordered a Model 3 Performance about 3 1/2 weeks ago, after the pricing changes. I had a delivery day (7/26) scheduled about 10 days after order placement, but requested a date in September instead due to my existing travel schedule. My order information on the portal shows the current delivery date and location. Once it gets a few weeks closer, I assume a VIN will show back up.

Cheers,

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s been 3 weeks since we placed our order and haven’t heard anything, just a delivery advisor saying hi. No VIN, no finance paperwork. Hopefully soon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys...

I post early that said I find out the damage to my drive side door panel and scratch on drive side B-pillar trim after my M3 came back from the Tesla service center. Original post : Seeking help. Brand new M3 got damaged at service center :(

After I read some thread posted here, I decide to take more look into my car, in case there are more damaged.

Guess what... There are ! Not one!

1. Horrible scratch under the drive side door, the paint already gone, metal show up. OMG..
2. Black drag mark/scratch on the drive side skirt..
3. Possible bottom cover clip/screw missing. Cover loose. Its located behind of right front tire. Please let me know if there should have clip/screw or not.

This is a brand new car... pick up from dealer 3 weeks ago. I'm very sure those damage are not there before I send in. I just washed my car before I send it.

Please check the video and picture.

The reason I send the car for the service is check the drive side door vibration noise, repair broken trunk lid and install Homelink. All the damage on drive side( door panel dent, paint scratch, B-pillar scratch) I think is due to super careless operating during the repair process. And bottom cover missing clip maybe due to install the Homelink?

What kind mechanic this service center has?? Why he done those many damage to my M3??

Dose the bottom cover has clip/screw or not? The missing clip/screw is located behind the right front tire. Please let me know if you have the clip/screw on that cover.

Should I keep talking to them with their message system? or go find there manager? I'm so frustrating right now....

Thank you guys for helping.

( 3. Possible bottom cover clip missing.)

1. Horrible scratch under the drive side door, the paint already gone, metal show up.

3-jpg.30121

2-jpg.30122

2. Black drag mark/scratch on the drive side skirt..

1-jpg.30123

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla will make it right for you, call the service center and ask for management. You have photos to prove the minor scuffs but sometimes it's not the Tesla techs but the carrier drivers and the people who prep the car miss certain things.

No car is perfect, my brand new P3D has a loose door seal that I even missed during the pickup, mobile service just came out and gladly replaced it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went shopping in September, looking at all the AWD long-range Model 3s they had in Chicago's inventory, only to discover that they were selling like hotcakes and every car I was after was ... sold.

So I placed a custom order on September 26. I had a trade-in, and Tesla gave me a fair (but below private market) value for my VW R32 of $11,200. This number will become significant later. The Tesla website told me that delivery should be expected in 2 to 3 weeks.

The fifth week arrives on Thursday, October 31, and I was just given a VIN and an anticipated delivery on or after November 5, which will be 5½ weeks. I passed the VIN on to my insuror, and got an insurance commitment to begin November 5.

When I went to the Tesla website to see how to make the delivery appointment, I discovered that they had re-calculated the car's price ... by reducing the agreed trade-in value by $1,200, to $9,200. I have emailed the representative I have been corresponding with to get this explained, and have yet to receive a response.

There's a word for this sort of thing: bait and switch. I trust that Tesla will return to the agreed price that they set. If they do not, we shall consider our options.

jmaddr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The trade-in price is only good for 30 days, or an expiration of 10/26 so they have done nothing wrong. I agree that at ~10% drop after that 30 days is ludicrous (pun intended) but maybe their inventory and pricing changed during that window. Goto CarMax and get an appraisal and if you live in state where they deduct the trade-in value from the sale price for taxation, take that appraisal back to Tesla. Several people have done exactly that and Tesla matched. If you don't live in a state where they deduct trade-in from sale price, just sell it to CarMax and save the hassle.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla's trade in service is absolutely abysmal. I see other posts now and then defending them with statements like "they're not in the used car business, they don't want your used car". Well guess what, the majority of people buying a new car......already have a car! And more often than not, they want to trade it. Tesla's in the car business....no other way to put it when you sell more than 400,000 cars in a year. I mean, hell, Volvo only just now broke 600,000 sales GLOBALLY in 2018. And they've been in business for almost 100 years now.

I realize Tesla wants to be a "disrupter" and a "tech company" and does have other products besides cars like the solar and the power wall. But the majority of their business right now is the car business. And you can't just magic your way out of dealing with all of it.

I understand a quote only being good for so long. Usually if you are trading a car in on one that has a long order time, the dealer will take that into consideration and give you a mileage maximum for that period. Which I can understand. But the way Tesla just doesn't communicate at all drives me nuts.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla has just advised me as follows: "I will inquire about extending the original quote due to the delay in delivery, but I am currently being advised that this is not possible."

I have suggested that their notion that my car lost over 10% of its value in a month makes no sense at all. I have also written to them as follows: "How do you think it is going to look when it is reported that Tesla did a bait & switch number on a 79 year old retired lawyer who sold his 65th birthday present Porsche to be able to buy a Tesla?"

It may be that they don't much care about reputation. It may be that adverse commentary on social media means nothing to them. I know that my initiating a specific performance lawsuit on the contract issue is a waste of effort; for if they lose and are compelled to sell me the car at the original terms, that'll happen in 2020 - after the tax credits are history. Guess what, folks? The tax credits are a significant factor in the purchase decision.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The trade-in price is only good for 30 days, or an expiration of 10/26 so they have done nothing wrong. I agree that at ~10% drop after that 30 days is ludicrous (pun intended) but maybe their inventory and pricing changed during that window. Goto CarMax and get an appraisal and if you live in state where they deduct the trade-in value from the sale price for taxation, take that appraisal back to Tesla. Several people have done exactly that and Tesla matched. If you don't live in a state where they deduct trade-in from sale price, just sell it to CarMax and save the hassle.
I think it is far more likely that Tesla is going to lose a sale and that I'm going to keep (and continue to enjoy) a perfectly good 51,000-mile Volkswagen R32 (a rare & fairly exotic VW, as it happens). Oh, and get my deposit back as well.

Watch this space!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla's trade in service is absolutely abysmal. I see other posts now and then defending them with statements like "they're not in the used car business, they don't want your used car". Well guess what, the majority of people buying a new car......already have a car! And more often than not, they want to trade it. Tesla's in the car business....no other way to put it when you sell more than 400,000 cars in a year. I mean, hell, Volvo only just now broke 600,000 sales GLOBALLY in 2018. And they've been in business for almost 100 years now.
Sorry if I seem defensive. I try to explain this here on the forum when the topic comes up because it seems as though someone is caught off-guard by the "low-ball" offers that Tesla provides on trade-ins every few weeks. People are expecting something equivalent to a traditional dealer experience when they buy a Tesla (which is not at all unreasonable). I think it's helpful to explain why Tesla doesn't provide better trade-in offers, as well as mention some other options for selling your used car (CarMax, CarSense, Carvana, et al).

We're simply not going to get a traditional dealer experience from Tesla. For better or worse. Tesla has decided that they're not going to use dealers, and that means they have no capability to sell used cars, so they can only offer to sell the car to auction on your behalf.

It's definitely a worse experience when it comes to providing people with decent offers for their used cars.