• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did your M3 delivery go off without a hitch?

• Yes, on time as originally scheduled

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Yes, but after at least one Tesla-caused delay

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • No, I was supposed to get my M3 already and am now back to waiting :-(

Votes: 37 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I;m puzzled why you are paying on a loan when no car has been delivered. Who(m) did the loan company pay the $$ to?? Usually a loan is collateralized with a vehicle, ID'd by the VIN. And if that car does not exist, how did the loan originate?
In Texas, you have to pay for your new Tesla before the car arrives in Texas. Thank the Texas legislature for that.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What color ext/int and wheels are you looking for? I know this sounds crazy and I never want to push anyone past their budget, but the AWD is a relative bargain for the price difference.

If you aren't in a huge hurry Tesla has been known to start giving some very good discounts near quarter end as well, that is only a few weeks away.
Sometimes, the AWD is a relative bargain compared to RWD. I ordered the day I did since it was $4k less than AWD. Color and wheel options were the same price for both so not in play.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I;m puzzled why you are paying on a loan when no car has been delivered. Who(m) did the loan company pay the $$ to?? Usually a loan is collateralized with a vehicle, ID'd by the VIN. And if that car does not exist, how did the loan originate?

And your experience with Tesla CS is typical. They suck, to put it mildly.
The loan originated since the car exists and has a VIN (according to the Tesla sales agreement anyway)
Interest starts the moment the check is dispersed. Loanee pays that interest. Its how loans work.
Very fortunately for me, my credit union wrote off the few days of accrued interest when I paid back the loan today.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay positive news on my LR RWD order:
1) LR RWD production has apparently started up again as of today (not sure if only to fulfill outstanding inventory orders gone awry as in my case, or also for new custom off-menu orders/inventory)
2) Have a new VIN, and its apparently on the production line as of today

This is a California order and delivery, so fingers crossed by end of next week I am driving it.

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In a perfect world next week would be good. The holiday may get you though because they will now have to start over with a new MVPA and you'll have to pay again before they ship. Shipping is about 3 days once they get a truck lined up. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, just keep those things in mind.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@GDN I hear you. In CA payment is at delivery so not a factor, last MVPA took less than 24 hours after VIN assignment, and I have seen three socal Tesla delivery semi's the past few days (all with only Model 3's).

So I am hopeful, but am well aware of ET.

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@kataleen, your comments about your responses from your delivery ad visor being very engaged, then slightly engaged, then simply not returning your calls / emails is exactly what I experienced. .
This had been my experience also. Our Delivery Advisor is in Toronto but our car will be shipped to the Quebec City Store, to be prepped for customer delivery then shipped directly to us in Prince Edward Island. (10 hour drive)

We ordered on May 1st. On June 15 we were given our contracts (and VIN) which we promptly filled out and sent back. Also told that the car had ‘landed in Quebec City’ (direct quote)

We have heard absolutely nothing since. When we got the contracts in mid June I was sure that we would have the car before then end of the quarter.

Where do we go from here? Should I call Tesla Canada? Walk to Quebec and find my car?

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
We have heard absolutely nothing since. When we got the contracts in mid June I was sure that we would have the car before then end of the quarter.

Where do we go from here? Should I call Tesla Canada? Walk to Quebec and find my car?
I bet you get it by the end of the quarter. Tesla is just really busy right now. It'll be worth the wait!

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This had been my experience also. Our Delivery Advisor is in Toronto but our car will be shipped to the Quebec City Store, to be prepped for customer delivery then shipped directly to us in Prince Edward Island. (10 hour drive)

We ordered on May 1st. On June 15 we were given our contracts (and VIN) which we promptly filled out and sent back. Also told that the car had ‘landed in Quebec City’ (direct quote)

It's really a shame that this hasn't been rectified by now. I had hoped that after the major push for the end of the $7,500 credit era that things would level out a bit. But it seems as if that is not the case.

If anything will be Tesla's undoing, it will be this.

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

There's another wrinkle coming in your delivery: the Quebec Service Centre has to arrange with a delivery company to deliver your car, and they will do their best to fill the delivery truck before making the run. So there's several fail-points coming at you:
  • communication between Toronto and Quebec
  • communication between Quebec and the delivery company
  • delays in the delivery truck leaving Quebec and routing to you with a possible change of trucks in Halifax/Dartmouth
  • your car might arrive without a Motor Vehicle Inspection certificate (I had to arrange and pay for mine)
In my case all of this went sideways with us in limbo for about 3 weeks after full payment and no information on what exactly was happening. Then one day a very nice lady called to say they were "X" (don't remember the company name & had never heard of them) and she seemed surprised that I had no idea why she was calling. It turned out that they had my car in their Dartmouth yard and could they arrange delivery? After that everything went smoothly, with delivery driver name and phone number, etc., etc. and they were quite professional. My Tesla Delivery Advisor wasn't in the loop.

After delivery, something went sideways within Tesla so that my car was connected to another owner's account, which meant my Tesla app couldn't see my car, act as a key, etc. But that's a whole other bedtime story.

My suggestion is to keep calling your Delivery Advisor. Mine was at least honest that he hadn't heard from Quebec so didn't know the status, but I believe he kept trying them to find out. (His boss and I got to be email & then phone buddies.) It also was revealed that Tesla could locate my car in transit via it's cellular ID even while it was "asleep" on the truck.

I did end up sending them a set of process improvement suggestions for which they were polite enough to thank me. It sounds like they are not in effect yet? Shocking! :D
Best of luck.

RobWarren

Country
Country

Same, I'm in NB. Hoping to get it by Saturday but no guarantee or confirmed delivery date yet. Ordered May 3, recieved the VIN June 3 and told it was in Quebec City, still waiting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Earlier today I noticed that my Tesla account had a delivery time on this coming Saturday in Quebec City. I emailed our advisor and low and behold she got back to me! Apparently Telsa is having hard time tracking down a carrier that is willing to delivery to the Maritimes. Looks like we are still waiting but we are happy to at least get an answer back.

@PiperPaul I would love to hear about the car not connecting to the app. How did you resolve this?

@RobWarren Where in Ann are you? I’m going to guess that both of our cars will be shipped at the same time, probably on the same truck. I would love it if we could stay in touch with updates.

RobWarren

Country
Country
Earlier today I noticed that my Tesla account had a delivery time on this coming Saturday in Quebec City. I emailed our advisor and low and behold she got back to me! Apparently Telsa is having hard time tracking down a carrier that is willing to delivery to the Maritimes. Looks like we are still waiting but we are happy to at least get an answer back.

@PiperPaul I would love to hear about the car not connecting to the app. How did you resolve this?

@RobWarren Where in Ann are you? I’m going to guess that both of our cars will be shipped at the same time, probably on the same truck. I would love it if we could stay in touch with updates.
Rexton, half way between Moncton and Miramichi.

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

@PEIEVGUY
I did several things to get the app non-connection resolved:
  • called my Delivery Advisor and his boss to make sure they were aware that I was still unconnected (I had been warned it took at least a night to get the servers in Fremont set)
  • I also appealed to @TrevP thru this forum in case he had some inside pull (he was told about the connection to the wrong Tesla Account)
  • kept calling/emailing my DA each day that it didn't work until he got the IT guys to make the Account correction (took 3-4 days as I recall)
  • used my key cards until the car was linked properly to my Account and the app worked.
The "delivery to your door" is brilliant BUT only works if Tesla has a dependable carrier. At least you got a status. Hearing nothing is very frustrating.

RobWarren

Country
Country
Thanks! No mine was black too. There were other cars onboard he said he was going to PEI and Halifax.