Opening TOO Notifications in the TOO App

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

urquattro83

Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I receive email messages indicating responses to threads I follow, those links open in my default browser.

Isn't there a setting somewhere to get such links to automatically open in the TOO app?

Thanks,

Doug

urquattro83

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think I just gained a little more understanding. The TOO app on my home screen had the Brave bowser logo subimposed on it. When I deleted the app by holding on it on the display, selecting About App, and uninstalling talking it, I discovered I had uninstalled Brave.

Then I went to the Play Store to install the TOO app, and discovered it's not available at the Play Store.

I'd hope the TOO app wouid allow me to configure it to open email links in the app, rather than on my default browser.

Screenshot_20210716-073450_Nova Launcher.jpg

You can see from the screenshot I use Firefox to view Twitter.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Our “app” is not in the Play store. Our site supports progressive web app which means it creates a virtual app. If you delete it it can take up to 24 hours for your browser to give you the option to install it again

Hope that makes sense

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I receive email messages indicating responses to threads I follow, those links open in my default browser.

Isn't there a setting somewhere to get such links to automatically open in the TOO app?

Thanks,

Doug
I don’t think so. I’m not familiar with how Android deals with progressive web apps. If it’s an issue for you don’t use the progressive web app, just stick with Chrome

urquattro83

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don’t think so. I’m not familiar with how Android deals with progressive web apps. If it’s an issue for you don’t use the progressive web app, just stick with Chrome
Thanks, Trevor, but Brave doesn't catalog or sell personal data. I'll stick with the anomaly I'm experiencing.

P. S. Does this Brave logo sub-imposed under the TOO app mean the app is somehow integrating itself into Brave? Edit: Remember, I'm an electronics layman, so in this message I'm using technical terms in a non-technical sense.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Our progressive web app is nothing more than a web wrapper around the existing website. I think Brave is just that