Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

kenriko

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
https://github.com/Kenrik/Model-3-Vinyl-Wrap-Template

The project is hosted on Github with a GPL v3 Licence.

If you have any questions here is the place to post them. This template should be compatible with most Vinyl Plotters on the market including commercial brands like Roland and Graphtec as well as consumer brands like Cricut and Silhouette.

Install Video: (Warning! 45min long)

If you don't have access to a machine I also have complete kits available on Amazon but I won't post the links here since I'm not an approved vendor yet.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

If you have any questions here is the place to post them. This template should be compatible with most Vinyl Plotters on the market including commercial brands like Roland and Graphtec as well as consumer brands like Cricut and Silhouette.

If you don't have access to a machine I also have complete kits available on Amazon but I won't post the links here since I'm not an approved vendor yet.
are you planning to make a template for the door switch trim?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Kenriko, I found your listing on Amazon and purchased a set since I love supporting another forum member. Are you planning on making any other (dash, steering wheel, door switches, etc?) kits available on Amazon or somewhere else?

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
are you planning to make a template for the door switch trim?
Kenriko, I found your listing on Amazon and purchased a set since I love supporting another forum member. Are you planning on making any other (dash, steering wheel, door switches, etc?) kits available on Amazon or somewhere else?
He indicated via his reddit account that he does intend to:

I plan on making templates for those as well as the wood dash bar and also under the chargeport door. I'll release all those templates open source as well. My long term goal is that as a community we can get to templates for all of the surfaces that everyone can use that'll fit perfectly.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here. I purchased from you as well on amazon to support your work.

kenriko

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm working on more templates which should be ready incrementally over the coming weeks.

If anyone is looking for kits on Amazon keep in mind the Reddit hug of death nuked my inventory and there will be more available over the next few days. (matte black, brushed black) CF is all I have in-stock for the time being.

<3 you all

T J

Country
Country
Thanks, just purchased! Additional thanks for the in-depth install video. Great tips and techniques in there.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Would you consider offering a wrap for sale on Amazon that matches the wood on the dash, but for the console? I know rpm offers this, hoping you will

Jongaud

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In this video the guy claims he’s using 3M 1080 too but the install happen to be much easier then in Kenriko’s video (he doesn’t need to strech the material). What could explain this? I believe they are both 90 micron thick.