Ontario EHVIP Rebate for the Model 3 - Information Thread

BigSteve

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure I meet the timeframe, and at the time of order, the program was definitely still in place and I was told by Tesla that the car would apply. Obviously the change in government changed all that, but it does seem silly to me that RWD version is eligible and the AWD version is not. Best I can tell from my research is that the only reason is the program was cancelled before that version could be added to the list. Frustrating for sure.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
BigSteve, I too really wanted the AWD, but at election time the writing was on the wall as Doug Ford was out punish any and all environmental initiatives. Reducing the incentive over time might have been appropriate but wouldn’t appeal to his knuckle dragging base.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello, I had a little trouble submitting my rebate back in early June for my model 3 RWD version, the email was too big. I had to resubmit my email around the end of June. I wanted to let you know I just received the cheque for $14,000. Boy what a long wait... I hope everyone else gets their rebate cheques soon.