On the fence about PUP - driver profiles?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

spiffyjwc

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'm a reservation holder currently on the fence about getting the premium upgrade package. While all of the additions would certainly be welcome, the main option I'd like to have are the driver profiles that come with the power seats, since my wife and I would both be drivers.
The power seats themselves aren't essential (like some people, I can appreciate the speed and ease with which you can move a seat manually compared to power seats), but having a driver profile for the mirrors is probably what I crave the most. I don't know if others who share cars feel the same way I do or not, but I always seem to have to fiddle with my mirrors constantly to get them to the best position, and they finally get to that spot right when my wife decides to drive the car and adjust them back!
I guess my question then (which I understand invites a lot of speculation) is if driver profiles exist outside of power seats?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm a reservation holder currently on the fence about getting the premium upgrade package. While all of the additions would certainly be welcome, the main option I'd like to have are the driver profiles that come with the power seats, since my wife and I would both be drivers.
The power seats themselves aren't essential (like some people, I can appreciate the speed and ease with which you can move a seat manually compared to power seats), but having a driver profile for the mirrors is probably what I crave the most. I don't know if others who share cars feel the same way I do or not, but I always seem to have to fiddle with my mirrors constantly to get them to the best position, and they finally get to that spot right when my wife decides to drive the car and adjust them back!
I guess my question then (which I understand invites a lot of speculation) is if driver profiles exist outside of power seats?
Seats, steering wheel and side mirrors I believe. I’ll let the 3 owners chime in and also any S owners as I seem to be second guessing myself on the side mirrors.

Also, I feel you on the adjustments. I always feel I haven’t got my side mirrors back where I want them...every day!

spiffyjwc

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Seats, steering wheel and side mirrors I believe. I’ll let the 3 owners chime in and also any S owners as I seem to be second guessing myself on the side mirrors.

Also, I feel you on the adjustments. I always feel I haven’t got my side mirrors back where I want them...every day!
Whoops! I guess I misphrased my question a bit. I'm pretty sure the driver profiles will incorporate the seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors. My question is if I don't elect to get the PUP (and thus, no power seats), would there still be driver profiles for the side mirrors (and/or steering column, if it remains powered)?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Whoops! I guess I misphrased my question a bit. I'm pretty sure the driver profiles will incorporate the seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors. My question is if I don't elect to get the PUP (and thus, no power seats), would there still be driver profiles for the side mirrors (and/or steering column, if it remains powered)?
I think this is most likely a wait and see.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
according to the Presskit page, the Driver Profiles are included under the PUP

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sure hope that driver profiles include more things, like other cars, including selected audio mode/station, climate settings, drive settings, and more.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sure hope that driver profiles include more things, like other cars, including selected audio mode/station, climate settings, drive settings, and more.
Climate settings- yes it reverts to that specific driver's last known settings, including temp and seat heaters.
Not 100% sure about air flow placement. Last time I check it wasn't, but firmware has been updated since.

Driver settings*- mirrors and seat configuration are included, also AP settings (ex. auto lane change, follow
distance).

Music/radio- not sure never noticed, maybe someone can chime in.

*Also logical that Easy Entry would be only included on PUP (I don't use it but husband loves it).