On Demand Autopilot and FSD

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Madmolecule

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once they get Autopilot and FSD fully functional I would hope Telsa would add the features On-Demand. Since the hardware is on-board, especially the new models with version 3 computers, it could be a good revenue stream. Basically what I am proposing that you could purchase these features by the mile or by the hour. This would also be a good stepping stone to robo-taxi subscription model. If it raining you might be willing to shell out 10 bucks for a single use advanced summon.

Madmolecule

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully it will be that good, that the complaints would be I wish I would have spent the money up front for these features. Everyone will complain no matter what, especially me, but to have the hardware built-in and Tesla not able to monetize the feature seems like a waste to me.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once they get Autopilot and FSD fully functional I would hope Telsa would add the features On-Demand. Since the hardware is on-board, especially the new models with version 3 computers, it could be a good revenue stream. Basically what I am proposing that you could purchase these features by the mile or by the hour. This would also be a good stepping stone to robo-taxi subscription model. If it raining you might be willing to shell out 10 bucks for a single use advanced summon.
Having already spent $6000 on it, I sure hope they don't do this; but such is life and the model can change on a whim.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully it will be that good, that the complaints would be I wish I would have spent the money up front for these features. Everyone will complain no matter what, especially me, but to have the hardware built-in and Tesla not able to monetize the feature seems like a waste to me.
The important bit is having the hardware everywhere lets them train the AI an order(s) of magnitude faster than other neural nets...since the hive mind is learning whether you have AP or not.