Old Referral program (ended February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jditom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do I get a wall charger from referring my number to a friend that bought a Model 3?

If so how do I order it etc???

Thanks

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do I get a wall charger from referring my number to a friend that bought a Model 3?

If so how do I order it etc???

Thanks
Did your friend purchase a performance Model 3? if so, it shows up in your Loot Box. it'll list orders, deliveries, etc of those who have used your referral code.

Jditom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes he did get a fully loaded M3 performance and its shows up in my loot box.
And its say delivered and he has paid for it.
But I don't see were I have won a charger or how to order one if I did.

Jditom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got a reply from Tesla that it takes 2-3 months after a referral has been used to get your loot!
OK I guess I can mount my wall charger now!!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
So the gravy train has finally come to an end. No more Unlimited Supercharging for S/X/P3D with referral after 9/18/18. $100 SC credit instead. The rewards for the referrer appear to be unchanged.

cd86d540-6107-42b1-8dc8-41ec36f6c952-jpeg.14740

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Your Tesla app Loot Box Page will show a light green bar when you have a referral pending and it will turn dark green after delivery. You cannot see these from the MyTesla web site.

c13ddac6-6c2d-45f3-985c-d1bf4c6819cc-jpeg.14741

For me, after delivery it took about 2-3 weeks to then get the “My Awards” button show up on the screen. On that screen, you can select your reward of the choices - Black Elon Wall Charger or Kids Tesla.

3e607be1-4767-4e91-af0c-187b80828e4c-jpeg.14744

My first delivery took place mid June and I received my first wall charger last week of August. My second delivery occurred end of June and I haven’t received the charger yet so don’t expect it to come quickly.

8082e260-4b21-4df0-8158-b57a8f0dc502-jpeg.14743

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems to be very inconsistent. On my first referral I was able to order the wall charger almost immediately after they took delivery and on my second one it was 11 days after...

00b37aca-2bdd-4492-8c05-75e756811d4c-jpeg.15593

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your Tesla app Loot Box Page will show a light green bar when you have a referral pending and it will turn dark green after delivery. You cannot see these from the MyTesla web site.

View attachment 14741

For me, after delivery it took about 2-3 weeks to then get the “My Awards” button show up on the screen. On that screen, you can select your reward of the choices - Black Elon Wall Charger or Kids Tesla.

View attachment 14744

My first delivery took place mid June and I received my first wall charger last week of August. My second delivery occurred end of June and I haven’t received the charger yet so don’t expect it to come quickly.

View attachment 14743
I have the “My Awards” button but clicking on it takes me to a page that just says there was an error...
a0a8da73-a2ae-453b-87ad-fc8e62e654dd-png.15599

I’m assuming it just hasn’t been long enough yet and I need to just wait. No biggie.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
This update to the referral program seems to have snuck under the radar but I will admit that I’ve been less active and reading fewer tweets since my deliveries.

Big new is that ALL Model 3s now qualify for as a referral, not just Performance varieties. And ALL buyers of a Tesla regardless of model will get $100 SC credit with a referral code.

Next big news is that the awards changed:

1st award is a laser etching of your choice on glass to be launched into space.
2nd award is choice of wall charger or kids Tesla
3rd award is rims or 1 week in a new car (rim choice still not updated to include Model 3 rims)
4th award is ENROLLMENT IN PRIORITY ACCESS to SELECTED software updates (whatever that means)
5th award remains VIP invite to unveiling event.

I’m happy that the solar token award is removed as I feel that was an ANTI award for many people.

https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm disappointed that the first award was replaced with something frivolous.
my first thought was all the backlash SpaceX got for "littering up space" with the roadster. Im sure when this hits the mainstream, it'll have a similar response.

I think it would have played out better to say you got your name on a brick (made from BoringCo clay) that would be a paver at the next Gigafactory (or something along those lines).

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I'm disappointed that the first award was replaced with something frivolous.
I see that and it’s probably laser etched to microfilm detail but I’m sure you’ll get a certificate or something and you can show your wife that your portrait with her is traveling through the stars for eternity...or at least until an alien intercepts the craft and blows it to smithereens.

On the flip side, it makes the black wall charger more valuable since many people were selling off their 2nd ones. Plus, A LOT more people will be qualifying for awards because all Model 3s will be eligible as referrals. Elon better do his next unveil in a football stadium or somewhere that can handle the crowd!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
My biggest question for this update is for people like me that were in the old referral program.

I got my 1st charger. My 2nd charger has been on “order” for months. My 3rd referral placed their order and hasn’t gotten delivery yet. My 3rd award was supposed to be the solar token and my 4th award would have been the rims.

Now, my loot box shows my next award will be the Priority Vehicle Software Updates. When the current referral gets delivered, will I get the rims or the solar token? It would completely stink if this change causes me to miss the rims completely!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
my first thought was all the backlash SpaceX got for "littering up space" with the roadster. Im sure when this hits the mainstream, it'll have a similar response.

I think it would have played out better to say you got your name on a brick (made from BoringCo clay) that would be a paver at the next Gigafactory (or something along those lines).
This “picture” is unlikely to cause any problems. From the earliest spacecraft stating with NASA Pioneer in 1972, many spacecraft have had some sort of tribute plaque or symbolic message. www.planetary.org/blogs/guest-blogs/2016/0120-the-pioneer-plaque-science-as-a-universal-language.html

In fact, my name (along with 1.2 million others and a miniaturized version of Davinci’s Codex) is currently on Mars as NASA had a social media event prior to the launch of the Curiosity Rover in 2011. https://marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/sendyourname/

Status
Not open for further replies.