Oklahoma City owners

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello all,

For those that currently live in Oklahoma city with Tesla's or looking to purchase a model 3 let me know. Took delivery about a week ago and I don't mind showing it to any reservation holders or anyone thinking of buying one.

Eigenv1

Country
Country
Hello all,

For those that currently live in Oklahoma city with Tesla's or looking to purchase a model 3 let me know. Took delivery about a week ago and I don't mind showing it to any reservation holders or anyone thinking of buying one.
Did you pick up at a delivery center or opt for home delivery?

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you pick up at a delivery center or opt for home delivery?
I'm actually originally from St.Louis and being that most of my family is there and a friend of mine works at the service center there I actually picked it up there and drove it back.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking forward to making a trip to Shawnee in a few weeks in our 3. Family all wants to see it.

I figure you truly have unicorn status around there. Do you see many of any models on the road in OKC?

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking forward to making a trip to Shawnee in a few weeks in our 3. Family all wants to see it.

I figure you truly have unicorn status around there. Do you see many of any models on the road in OKC?
I live in South OKC near Moore and near my area it's about 2 Model S in a neighborhood across the street. I sometimes see a red Model X on my way to work near Sooner Road and the air force base. Other than that nothing. Haven't seen a 3 here yet. I definitely get a lot of double takes from people in cars. lol. Some of the older people at my job joke about it saying why would anyone get a Tesla. It's no charging stations anywhere and they're not feasible. It's a shame how people can come up with crazy conclusions without any data/research behind it. This car is awesome and definitely the future. Drove from St.Louis to OKC for $14. This car is even cheaper to drive then my motorcycle which is crazy to me.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OKC does have a super charger, as does Ardmore. I know they are just part of the network, but until this year even Dallas only had a couple of major charging locations. 3 have been added and I'm sure more will come.

I do think think the only real way to own this car is to have your own charging solution at home, but more chargers will come and more people will become believers.

I've got a vacation in September with family from up there. It was $400 cheaper per person to fly out of OKC so we are driving it up, will find the SC, charge up to about 80%, turn overheat off and park at the airport for 5 days. I should have more than enough to reach Ardmore on my way back home to Dallas. If I don't have any kind of phantom drain issues, I'll likely make it all the way home.

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OKC does have a super charger, as does Ardmore. I know they are just part of the network, but until this year even Dallas only had a couple of major charging locations. 3 have been added and I'm sure more will come.

I do think think the only real way to own this car is to have your own charging solution at home, but more chargers will come and more people will become believers.

I've got a vacation in September with family from up there. It was $400 cheaper per person to fly out of OKC so we are driving it up, will find the SC, charge up to about 80%, turn overheat off and park at the airport for 5 days. I should have more than enough to reach Ardmore on my way back home to Dallas. If I don't have any kind of phantom drain issues, I'll likely make it all the way home.
Wish you safe travels on your trip. I don't even use the SC here. Just charge in the garage after work. Seems like many people forget about that convenience and think I always have to find a charging station somewhere, but that's really only when I will have to travel.

Brentt

Hello all,

Hi Gary,
Congrats on your car.
I live in Pryor. I know there are at least a couple of model 3’s in the Tulsa area.
There is an Oklahoma Tesla owners facebook page you might want to look into. Great people with regular events.

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Gary,
Congrats on your car.
I live in Pryor. I know there are at least a couple of model 3’s in the Tulsa area.
There is an Oklahoma Tesla owners facebook page you might want to look into. Great people with regular events.
Thanks Brentt. I'll definitely take a look.

Kc5cbt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi! Just took delivery of my M3 on Saturday in Dallas! I do have a question maybe you can help with. Tesla had not said a thing about my title. Will they mail it to me so I can register? Thanks!

GaryW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi! Just took delivery of my M3 on Saturday in Dallas! I do have a question maybe you can help with. Tesla had not said a thing about my title. Will they mail it to me so I can register? Thanks!
Hey, congrats on the new car. So the address associated on your account is the address that TESLA will mail your registration information. If you don’t see or hear anything within 2 weeks I would give them a call at the delivery center, but mine arrived in about 1 1/2 weeks.

John Rea

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in Edmond and I should be getting my M3 on or around 11/30/18.
Black, AWD, LR, Aero.
I've seen one or two M3 in OKC. I'm getting excited!

Kc5cbt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! I just received a FedEx tracking email from Tesla. Must be my documents. Not looking forward to paying the TTL, but what are ya gonna do?