Ok, forget 5 Things...here is 40 Cool Things...

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
did you watch your own video? ;) it it lists 55mph at 1:29 into the video
Yup. I saw that after the first Valet mentioned...ha! should have not stopped the video to ask the question.

Also, wondering if we can limit the speed to less than 55 mph.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup. I saw that after the first Valet mentioned...ha! should have not stopped the video to ask the question.

Also, wondering if we can limit the speed to less than 55 mph.
I wish it was editable, but don't think (to date) it has been on the S/X.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they mis-named the feature "valet". I can see setting it to this when you leave your car with a non Tesla shop (tire/brake, tint, detailer, etc), or leaving town for a week with your 18 year old at home with the Tesla tempting them in the garage, or lending it to your mother for the day.

so to that end, it would be nice to be able to customize how Valet functions. like there is no reason for a valet to drive it over 25 MPH, or a detail shop employee to drive it over 10MPH, maybe your mother can be allowed to go 65MPH, but with limited power available and still be able to get in the frunk and glove box.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they mis-named the feature "valet". I can see setting it to this when you leave your car with a non Tesla shop (tire/brake, tint, detailer, etc), or leaving town for a week with your 18 year old at home with the Tesla tempting them in the garage, or lending it to your mother for the day.

so to that end, it would be nice to be able to customize how Valet functions. like there is no reason for a valet to drive it over 25 MPH, or a detail shop employee to drive it over 10MPH, maybe your mother can be allowed to go 65MPH, but with limited power available and still be able to get in the frunk and glove box.
Agreed. If adjustable...it would be a great feature.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IIRC it also limits acceleration.
Limiting acceleration would be good because when I take mine in to get tinted, etc...my fear involves shop guys taking it on a joy ride. I have a friend who brought her new car in for service at a local Mercedes dealer for a panel fitment issue and when she picked it up, the car shows 44 miles more than when she dropped it off. They told her they had to test drive it...but 44 miles?

By the way, your day is coming fast for picking up your 3...I am sure you'll let us know about fit, finish, impressions, etc...looking forward to it.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Limiting acceleration would be good because when I take mine in to get tinted, etc...my fear involves shop guys taking it on a joy ride. I have a friend who brought her new car in for service at a local Mercedes dealer for a panel fitment issue and when she picked it up, the car shows 44 miles more than when she dropped it off. They told her they had to test drive it...but 44 miles?

By the way, your day is coming fast for picking up your 3...I am sure you'll let us know about fit, finish, impressions, etc...looking forward to it.
Yes — there will be videos, pictures, and words lots of words :)

Also getting tinted Saturday the 10th, but odds are I will sit there to babysit ;)