Oh no! "Tesla Killer" iPace is about to be unleashed!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Read all about it:
https://www.just-auto.com/news/magna-starts-jaguar-i-pace-production-in-graz_id181514.aspx

Oh, wait, that was back on March 5th, 6 months ago. Where are they all going? I would expect to see them flooding the streets. That iPace sure is an elusive creature, must have a little Jaguar in its DNA.

It looks like Tesla is making more Model 3's every day than there are iPace in the world after 6 months of regular production. Remember, it went into pre-production last Sept. or October. This is no way to kill Tesla! They are Making Musk's production ramp-up look positively genius!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Although I like the fact that some of the legacy manufacturers are beginning to show production versions of their EVs (the more EVs on the market the better), they are in no way competitive with what Tesla offers. These so call "Tesla Killers" are way behind the tech curve (battery, efficiency, etc...not just bells and whistles). Mercedes EQC, Audi E-Tron, Jaguar i-Pace...all of these new offerings are ok...nothing revolutionary or compelling. So much for the media and shorts thinking that once the legacy manufacturers enter the EV market, Tesla would be in trouble. I think these legacy manufacturers EVs are half-hearted attempts. They either do not really want to build EVs or they don't know how to build compelling and competitive EVs. As for Porsche's Taycan, we'll have to wait and see what volume production will be like. Take a look at Ben Sullins recent video on "Tesla Killers." He makes some good points.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just don't get the obsession with the entire concept of the "<insert product here> killer". People buy different products for different reasons. Why does one product have to be "killed" for another to be successful?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the all-electric version of the XC40. It will happily reside in my garage next to my Model 3 after we trade in our existing XC90 and i3. I don't need my Model 3 to be "killed" to enjoy something else too.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jag had the iPace at the NDEV event in Dallas almost 2 weeks back. I didn't look at it close, it looks like a typical small SUV these days, but I didn't get a close up of it, it was too much rain that day. It will sell a few to the loyals, but all depends on range and price and availability. A little competition is never bad, Tesla has some improving to do, they need to get it together and do it now.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jag had the iPace at the NDEV event in Dallas almost 2 weeks back. I didn't look at it close, it looks like a typical small SUV these days, but I didn't get a close up of it, it was too much rain that day. It will sell a few to the loyals, but all depends on range and price and availability. A little competition is never bad, Tesla has some improving to do, they need to get it together and do it now.
Similarly, Jaguar had an orange I-Pace prototype at the Bon Air Center in Greenbrae, CA for NDEV last Saturday. It was locked up, so couldn't sit inside, but did get to walk around and peek inside. I agree it looks like a typical SUV, so in a sense that's a positive because it doesn't scream "weirdmobile".