OFFICIAL Model 3 PRODUCTION CARS sightings

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So far, I've seen 2 white, 1-2 midnight silver (2 sightings, but given population of the area, it could be the same one), and 1 red.

All have been parked and I just stumble across them.

Last month I spotted the red at a boating club parking lot along the coast that was a convenient turning around spot and in the last week spotted my second white after meandering the streets in the Oakland hills after getting lost.

I love the white so much, but blue is my favorite color, but I've yet to see it in person.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
4F5780B8-8AE6-49B8-A6E2-F791C779860C.jpeg
So far, I've seen 2 white, 1-2 midnight silver (2 sightings, but given population of the area, it could be the same one), and 1 red.

All have been parked and I just stumble across them.

Last month I spotted the red at a boating club parking lot along the coast that was a convenient turning around spot and in the last week spotted my second white after meandering the streets in the Oakland hills after getting lost.

I love the white so much, but blue is my favorite color, but I've yet to see it in person.
Go to the holding lot down the street from the Fremont delivery center and you will see enough to make you Dizzy, Kizzy.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 7298

Go to the holding lot down the street from the Fremont delivery center and you will see enough to make you Dizzy, Kizzy.
Ha ha! I finally got to see that MSM in motion this morning. It's super quick going through the twisties. I lost them. Maybe when I get my DBM we'll finally meet.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yep, that would appear a performance model. It has 20" wheels and red brake calipers. Nice!
And some T E S L A badging on the trunk lid.

Remember this Red Model 3 belonging to Franz that was spied in January? The one we all thought was a P with 20” wheels?

Today Teslarati posted an article summarizing the tweets overnight from Elon. Interestingly, the posted a new pic labeled “Tesla Model 3 belonging to Chief Designer Franz von Holzhausen”. It has gotten a chrome delete package similar to @PandaM3 and the rims are now black or a dark grey. Looks REALLY nice!

6B947261-65AA-444D-ACEE-FD9AE1760DF4.jpeg

Teslarati article: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mod...specifications/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

OneSixtyToOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just returned from a 3 week vacation in Europe and had the ultimate "in the wild" model 3 sighting in, of all places, Zurich, Switzerland.
As luck would have it, there was a Formula E Rally the day I was there and the local Tesla club was showing off their cars. I spotted a black Model 3 parked at the end of a line of Model S cars. Club members informed me it was owned by world renown futurist Lars Thomsen. He was not around when I first spotted the car but when I returned later I noticed the car was open and a flock of people were inspecting it.

I introduced myself to Mr Thomsen with a picture of my Model 3 and I asked "What is a model 3 doing in Switzerland?"

He was kind enough to engage me in conversation for a few minutes. Here is a synopses:
  • This is the only Model 3 in Switzerland.
  • Tesla did not want the club to show the Model 3 at the event but he decided to show his car anyway.
  • Lars has two cars on order, a left and a right hand drive.
  • Lars has a home in Zurich but obtained his left hand drive Model 3 in January while working in NJ and shipped it to Europe.
  • The car was not certified to register in Switzerland so in order to get license plates he paid for this himself. "I don't want to tell you how much that cost."
  • The Supercharger system in Europe is not compatible with the North American standard so he can't use it.
  • He said Tesla has told European service centers to not touch any North American Model 3s. If something breaks, he's on his own.
BTW I spotted a ton of other Tesla models in Switzerland, including some being used as taxis. France had supercharger stations next to the gas station stops on the highways. Germany was another story. I was told they are seen as a threat to the German car industry and are targeted by vandals. One German tour guide went off on EVs claiming his "engineering friends" tell him clean diesel was superior and espousing FUD about the grid being dirty. I bit my lip.

Last edited: