OFFICIAL Model 3 PRODUCTION CARS sightings

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
A bit worrying to see that by Troys Excellent!!!!! spreadsheet that Q1 estimates have fallen from 20373 to 16851 in only 4 days but let us hope that this is merely due to poor VIN reporting as anecdotes seem to imply reasonable delivery quantities!!!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
A bit worrying to see that by Troys Excellent!!!!! spreadsheet that Q1 estimates have fallen from 20373 to 16851 in only 4 days but let us hope that this is merely due to poor VIN reporting as anecdotes seem to imply reasonable delivery quantities!!!
I hope I am 100% wrong:

A good friend of mine works as an electrical engineer in one of the OEMs in Michigan. One of his friends also works in the industry and has stated he is involved with some component within the TM3 steering column.

Second hand, via my friend, "We are still hand making xxxxxxxx in Michigan versus being made via automation in Mexico and it is still only at 200 units a week".

Like I stated almost 60 days ago, if I were on a jury and the case was being made for a build rate greater than 1000 units a week, I wouldn't be convinced.

Again, hope I'm 100% wrong.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope I am 100% wrong:

A good friend of mine works as an electrical engineer in one of the OEMs in Michigan. One of his friends also works in the industry and has stated he is involved with some component within the TM3 steering column.

Second hand, via my friend, "We are still hand making xxxxxxxx in Michigan versus being made via automation in Mexico and it is still only at 200 units a week".

Like I stated almost 60 days ago, if I were on a jury and the case was being made for a build rate greater than 1000 units a week, I wouldn't be convinced.

Again, hope I'm 100% wrong.
I hope you're wrong too! :) It's very possible that Tesla could be sourcing parts from lots of different manufacturers, so I'd take this with a HUGE grain of salt. I can't imagine they'd let something small like that hinder their production ramp up.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Putting it here not because of its VIN, yet simply because it’s a beautiful car... for those of you in ‘Club Red’... right, @Ryan ?

A little bit of objective praise from your Team Midnight Silver founding father... :D
GAAAAAAAA!!! Why is that even anywhere near another NON-TESLA?!?!?!?!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Very intriguing pictures, including the side by side ones with the Beemer 3-Series...
Man, does it make the latter look dated... And also illustrates how relatively large Model 3 is! Nice...!

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First Model 3 that I have seen on the road in Florida that wasn’t mine and of course it was also Midnight Silver.

Gave him the quick thumbs up and said nice car and he begrudgingly rolled down his window to respond. I quickly realized it was because his windows were recently tinted and immediately felt bad!

fc0b05c1-fbf2-4f7f-9a9a-90ea7b03476b-jpeg.5959

Matthias Fritz

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
First Model 3 that I have seen on the road in Florida that wasn’t mine and of course it was also Midnight Silver.

Gave him the quick thumbs up and said nice car and he begrudgingly rolled down his window to respond. I quickly realized it was because his windows were recently tinted and immediately felt bad!
i can see your VIN :p

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
You have laser sharp vision. As an aside, my VIN has been quietly posted on here a few times ;)

Hint: on Florida temporary license plates the VIN is included.
OMG, I only got it. I was too distracted by the illustration I’m afraid... :oops:

@Matthias Fritz , you are the best... ;)

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yeah, I know, this is a non-event for most here...especially over on the left coast, but I saw my first Model 3 driving in the wild in northern Cobb county north of Atlanta today! Looked awesome and it made me smile. Helps keep things in perspective when you actually see them being driven by owners in the wild. Mine can't get here soon enough (but you guys all already know that!)

Dan