NZ Pricing ?

I see that Tesla have now listed Kiwi$ pricing - including the 15%gst
So did a quick comparison $US to the $KIWI
& I would think this should give a fair indication for the Model 3?

Thoughts?

View attachment 811
Yeah I figured about $58K for base model so this looks spot on. I expect to be priced out of the AWD models. At the mercy of the exchange rate...

Richard C

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey all, that table above was usefull to get a rough gauge on where i sit - but since then, with the exchange rate as it is, would this likely be different now?

Cheers

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey all, that table above was usefull to get a rough gauge on where i sit - but since then, with the exchange rate as it is, would this likely be different now?

Cheers
Hey Richard, welcome to M3OC!
The best premise we’ve always discussed when assessing where international Model ≡ prices could end up is to try to infer them from the comparison between current S prices in your country with those is US$... then apply the same ratio to US Model ≡ prices ... likely to be close enough...

Have you seen NZ prices for the S/X evolve with the changes in forex?

MDL003

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi fello Kiwi Model 3ers... I have created a table similar to the one GRS did back in 2016 - based on the ratio of NZ to US Model S pricing. That ratio varies a little between spec levels of the Model S, but my current best guess for the base model (now SR+) is NZ$68,000. At the other end of the scale, I reckon a fully spec'd Performance model will be around NZ$115,000. I'm gunning for something between the two - Long Range Dual Motor (the only long range option now), blue paint, white interior, sport wheels and full self driving which I reckon will be about NZ$99,000 (gulp!).

I've attached a shot of the pricing table. Note that the NZ$ column already allows for the US1,000 deposit paid when the reservation was made. US$ to NZ$ Mod3 Pricing Estimates.png