Now we've done it...

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well... Four weeks from today is the day after Christmas...

I really want this first Model 3 delivery before the end of the year... (for tax reasons)...

Any guesses whether it will make it "on time."
Congrats! You may want to see if you can schedule delivery at the factory in Fremont and drive it home to hedge your bet. A couple days could make a hell of a difference with your time frame. If it turns out to be 2018, you can always have them deliver. Good luck.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought I asked nicely on Twitter for you to wait so I would move up a spot :cool:
I remember... but others kept saying get the blue one. So I succumbed to the peer pressure. o_O

Congrats! You’re going to love it!
As would you (for that tempting Model X... :p
:cool:

Congrats! You may want to see if you can schedule delivery at the factory in Fremont and drive it home to hedge your bet. A couple days could make a hell of a difference with your time frame. If it turns out to be 2018, you can always have them deliver. Good luck.
If it makes the difference on making it for 2017 to 2018, I’m game...

We did that with our S 4 years and almost a month ago...

Will this be next wummer’s road trip car then?
Maybe. The S still has free supercharging and a full size spare in the Frunk.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
If it makes the difference on making it for 2017 to 2018, I’m game...

We did that with our S 4 years and almost a month ago...
IMHO, if you're game, you might as well change your delivery zip to Fremont ASAP. Being closer to the factory could conceivably move you up in the line as well. Tesla will want to make as many deliveries in Q4 as they can. If they manufacture a car 12/29 and don't get it to you until 1/1, their Q4 numbers suffer. If they manufacture it 12/29 and you can pick it up 12/29 or 12/30, it's win-win for you and Tesla.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IMHO, if you're game, you might as well change your delivery zip to Fremont ASAP. Being closer to the factory could conceivably move you up in the line as well. Tesla will want to make as many deliveries in Q4 as they can. If they manufacture a car 12/29 and don't get it to you until 1/1, their Q4 numbers suffer. If they manufacture it 12/29 and you can pick it up 12/29 or 12/30, it's win-win for you and Tesla.
Talked to Tesla just now... That might save a day... Though we're talking about Home Delivery for these again... So, I told them I'll drive to wherever I can get it before the 31st...

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Ok. Update 1. Just got first call checking in to say all paperwork is great, but we're still waiting on VIN.

So, that's where we're at since I finalized order. (weird thing is the guy was from Vegas, but understand that we're in SoCal.)
My guy is from New York. Same, no vin yet.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In an embarrassment of riches...

Just got the second invite at 11:37 am today... We're postponing that one until Dual Drive is available.
As I indicated earlier, we were going to postpone. Got final approval from the Better Half that her configuration WILL be Dual Drive... And unsure as to what size battery (considering the Roadster is currently 220 miles range charged and 170 on a daily basis, she is an ideal candidate for a Standard Battery...)

So, rejoice as the rest of you just moved up ONE SPOT! (still awaiting VIN for the first order.)

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On a financing note...

Tesla financing only goes as far as 90% of the car... And current rates quoted by sales associate range from 2.5%-3.5% depending on credit. We obtained a rate lock yesterday with our own bank. To finalize the loan, I will need a VIN from Tesla...

Waiting on that now... Now, the other thing is I'm tempted by this:

https://tsportline.com/collections/18-tesla-wheels-model-3

The 18" wheels from T-Sportline, I'm all about RANGE... But the aesthetics for this and a range of 300 miles is about 100 more than I really need to feel "comfortable"...

so... that's where we're at... still waiting for a VIN, and have a loan ready... with terms that are "good" just not as great as the rates back in 2013 when we got the S and Roadster.