Not open for further replies.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In an embarrassment of riches...

Just got the second invite at 11:37 am today... We're postponing that one until Dual Drive is available.
I cannot come to terms with how badly Tesla are screwing this up. It just… wow.

If I had a tiny bit of spine I'd cancel my reservation and go buy something from another brand, but Tesla wouldn't care and I'd end up with a car I don't actually want, so there's really no point.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

If I had a tiny bit of spine I'd cancel my reservation and go buy something from another brand, but Tesla wouldn't care and I'd end up with a car I don't actually want, so there's really no point.
Not sure why anyone is surprised. Anyone who has been following Tesla for the past 6 years knows that this is their MO, over promising on delivery dates and under achieving. When I was standing in line to place my reservation deposit 21 months ago I was figuring about 2 years and it seems that is just about right in my case. Model 3 is just par for the course.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure why anyone is surprised. Anyone who has been following Tesla for the past 6 years knows that this is their MO, over promising on delivery dates and under achieving. When I was standing in line to place my reservation deposit 21 months ago I was figuring about 2 years and it seems that is just about right in my case. Model 3 is just par for the course.
I think the reference was to two-reservation holders that got invites to configure both, before offering invites to those later in line.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I provide these updates so folks can figure out Tesla's algorithm...

My mom was in line with us first day in Southern California and is a non-Tesla owner... she reserved two and did not get an invite to configure yet.

We ordered two and own two Teslas and other things... so, not an employee, but target paid Beta Tester. :cool:

And Ken is right

There's the reason we call it Elon time. (Or Tesla time)

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the reference was to two-reservation holders that got invites to configure both, before offering invites to those later in line.
Yup. I was surprised at that... considering the fact that there was a mont in between my reservation expectations from second 3... however, my moms reservations were at the same time as my second one. So looking into that.

That being said our second reservation is pushed back until Dual Drive is available.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I provide these updates so folks can figure out Tesla's algorithm...

My mom was in line with us first day in Southern California and is a non-Tesla owner... she reserved two and did not get an invite to configure yet.

We ordered two and own two Teslas and other things... so, not an employee, but target paid Beta Tester. :cool:

And Ken is right

There's the reason we call it Elon time. (Or Tesla time)
There's an ENORMOUS difference between doing what you said you're going to do, but doing it a few months or years late, and completely ignoring how you said you're going to do something, and doing whatever the hell you want while you sit there with other people's money and spit on the promises you made.

Here's the list of acceptable reasons someone with one Model S/X/Roadster should be getting their second invite to configure before all California owners who waited in line to reserve have gotten their first:

1. There's no acceptable reason.

There we go, end of list. They are screwing over their loyal, existing customers, and that does NOT bode well for the rest of us who are simply trying to be chosen and anointed so we can BECOME customers.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's an ENORMOUS difference between doing what you said you're going to do, but doing it a few months or years late, and completely ignoring how you said you're going to do something, and doing whatever the hell you want while you sit there with other people's money and spit on the promises you made.

Here's the list of acceptable reasons someone with one Model S/X/Roadster should be getting their second invite to configure before all California owners who waited in line to reserve have gotten their first:

1. There's no acceptable reason.

There we go, end of list. They are screwing over their loyal, existing customers, and that does NOT bode well for the rest of us who are simply trying to be chosen and anointed so we can BECOME customers.
I think you’re getting worked up over nothing. When we non-owners reserved our cars we were given the ability to place 2 reservations. I didn’t do that of course, but if I did ... are you suggesting I shouldn’t get that second car for 12 more months because of the backlog?

EDIT: just to add one more thought playing on the “loyalty begets loyalty” premise. As a company I want to do everything in my power to take care of repeat business. Especially when that early business was in the form of expensive cars without a certainty the company would make it.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think you’re getting worked up over nothing. When we non-owners reserved our cars we were given the ability to place 2 reservations. I didn’t do that of course, but if I did ... are you suggesting I shouldn’t get that second car for 12 more months because of the backlog?

EDIT: just to add one more thought playing on the “loyalty begets loyalty” premise. As a company I want to do everything in my power to take care of repeat business. Especially when that early business was in the form of expensive cars without a certainty the company would make it.
To make this clear: I am *NOT* the person being screwed here (yet, but I assume I'll get screwed too). People who own Teslas and waited in line are getting screwed.

I'm saying that Tesla should follow through with their guidance that if you own one Model S or X, only one of your reservations will get owner priority. That is absolutely NOT what is happening, because people are getting to order BOTH cars before other owners who waited in line have been able to order their FIRST.

As for your edit: Again, they are screwing loyal customers right now. Your explanation only makes sense for people who bought the cars before they made a reservation. After that, it's just saying "Hey thanks for the money", it's not in any way shape or form a thanking them for their faith. Same for people who bought used cars after the unveil and are being treated like people who bought an S new in 2012 and still have it.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To make this clear: I am *NOT* the person being screwed here (yet, but I assume I'll get screwed too). People who own Teslas and waited in line are getting screwed.

I'm saying that Tesla should follow through with their guidance that if you own one Model S or X, only one of your reservations will get owner priority. That is absolutely NOT what is happening, because people are getting to order BOTH cars before other owners who waited in line have been able to order their FIRST.

As for your edit: Again, they are screwing loyal customers right now. Your explanation only makes sense for people who bought the cars before they made a reservation. After that, it's just saying "Hey thanks for the money", it's not in any way shape or form a thanking them for their faith. Same for people who bought used cars after the unveil and are being treated like people who bought an S new in 2012 and still have it.
I misunderstood, I see what you’re saying and I agree with you, but again I still say we all take a deep breath here. If people receive their cars within their window there really is no reason to be upset at the end of the day.

The sour grapes effect will be current owners that take delivery in January and the credit goes away. Then for sure I’d be upset if a few people ahead of me got 2 cars in December.

Then again, you’d have to have an understanding for how many cars that represents. If it’s a handful, it’s probably not the deciding factor unless your car arrives on 1/1/18.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I misunderstood, I see what you’re saying and I agree with you, but again I still say we all take a deep breath here. If people receive their cars within their window there really is no reason to be upset at the end of the day.

The sour grapes effect will be current owners that take delivery in January and the credit goes away. Then for sure I’d be upset if a few people ahead of me got 2 cars in December.

Then again, you’d have to have an understanding for how many cars that represents. If it’s a handful, it’s probably not the deciding factor unless your car arrives on 1/1/18.
I appreciate you being rational about it but honestly I think this is an area where Tesla should not be given a pass. They told us how they were going to prioritize, and now they're doing something else. Loyalty begets loyalty, but so do honesty and integrity. I'd like to see some accountability here, but I don't have standing because I'm not even in my window yet (but presumably that will turn out to be a lie as well).

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's not quite what was said.

https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq
Can I use my Tesla owner priority on more than one Model 3 reservation?
Yes. If you have owned one Tesla, you will receive priority for one Model 3 reservation. If you have owned two or more Teslas, you will receive priority for up to two Model 3 reservations.

AEDennis owns both a Model S and a Roadster.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I appreciate you being rational about it but honestly I think this is an area where Tesla should not be given a pass. They told us how they were going to prioritize, and now they're doing something else. Loyalty begets loyalty, but so do honesty and integrity. I'd like to see some accountability here, but I don't have standing because I'm not even in my window yet (but presumably that will turn out to be a lie as well).
Like I said... surprised and providing feedback so folks can figure out the algorithm.

As for a pass, tesla needs to improve. And thus, the sharing,,,

Now, my experience with Tesla is that there really is "no algorithm". But I can hope that they've improved since their earlier beginnings.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's not quite what was said.

https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq
Can I use my Tesla owner priority on more than one Model 3 reservation?
Yes. If you have owned one Tesla, you will receive priority for one Model 3 reservation. If you have owned two or more Teslas, you will receive priority for up to two Model 3 reservations.

AEDennis owns both a Model S and a Roadster.
Yes but there are other people getting to order both, while only owning or having owned one Tesla.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now, my experience with Tesla is that there really is "no algorithm". But I can hope that they've improved since their earlier beginnings.
Yeah I don't think it's malice, I think it's incompetence. That saddens me to say, but I believe it.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am missing the reason for the anger here, it seems that Tesla is doing exactly what they said they would do relative to priority. Hey, I am not a current Tesla owner, I live in the San Francisco bay area and was in line on March 31, 2016, I would love to have mine today but I understand that those who own more than one Tesla get priority for both of their reservations over me in appreciation for their loyalty. Doesn't mean I like it , but I get it and respect it. Given the number of people who have more than one Tesla and have two reservations means I might to have to wait a few days, maybe a week longer, really not a big deal in the big picture.

Now, if you want something to rant about lets discuss the "Something Special" that day one reservation holders were promised, now that non employees are taking delivery, I fee it's time that Elon should announce what that is don't you?

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am missing the reason for the anger here, it seems that Tesla is doing exactly what they said they would do relative to priority. Hey, I am not a current Tesla owner, I live in the San Francisco bay area and was in line on March 31, 2016, I would love to have mine today but I understand that those who own more than one Tesla get priority for both of their reservations over me in appreciation for their loyalty. Doesn't mean I like it , but I get it and respect it. Given the number of people who have more than one Tesla and have two reservations means I might to have to wait a few days, maybe a week longer, really not a big deal in the big picture.

Now, if you want something to rant about lets discuss the "Something Special" that day one reservation holders were promised, now that non employees are taking delivery, I fee it's time that Elon should announce what that is don't you?
I cannot make it clearer than this:

There are people in California with one Tesla that they currently own (and have never owned more) and two Model 3 reservations, but are getting to configure and order both model 3s. This is happening before all other owners who waited in line in California have gotten to configure their first and only priority order.

If you’re not upset by that, that’s fine, but you need to understand it.

The “something special” will presumably turn out to be another lie.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Folks, and @ermagerd in particular, I’ll echo my fellow mod @SoFlaModel3 , in a plea for the deep breath and considering the big picture. We all have to wait, some more than others and, if we all start to vent like that for more than half of our posts here, there will be a real dark sky forming over M3OC... which I don’t think any of us here want! :rolleyes:

Now, as to the ‘under delivering’ concern, my take, after having read the reports from current (lucky) owners or those (even more fortunate) who got to take a test drive for free (;)), is those who have the ‘spine’ :)D) not to cancel their reservation will have the time of their lives!! Count me in... :cool::cool::cool:

So, can ranting be toned down a notch, pleaaase...? ;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As a non-owner who reserved two, does taking possession of the first bump up priority on the second? (We're looking at a first production in Feb-Apr, but would go with a SR for the second.) I'm totally not expecting this to be intentionally the case, but might explain weird observations with the current "algorithm".

Status
Not open for further replies.