Nova Scotia

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

theteslarator

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Hello from Nova Scotia
[New to TOO. If I didn't post this appropriately, please give guidance.]
Anticipating a Model Y Long Range Dual Motor purchase in May.
How have other Nova Scotians gotten their deliveries? Will I have to pick the thing up in Montreal or Quebec City?
What is the local Tesla - certified bodyshop?
Has anyone had to ship their car back to the Montreal./Quebec City service center?
So many questions....

-Peter

Reactions: GDN

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome to the forum. Quite a few Canadians around, the forum happens to be owned by one. You will have some friendly folk stop by to answer your questions, or you might search for city names here on the forum to see if others have noted these same topics and their experiences.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello from Nova Scotia
[New to TOO. If I didn't post this appropriately, please give guidance.]
Anticipating a Model Y Long Range Dual Motor purchase in May.
How have other Nova Scotians gotten their deliveries? Will I have to pick the thing up in Montreal or Quebec City?
What is the local Tesla - certified bodyshop?
Has anyone had to ship their car back to the Montreal./Quebec City service center?
So many questions....

-Peter
I HATE to say this because I am an avid Tesla owner of 3 1/2 years. Knowing what I now know, If my nearest service center was more than 10 hours away, I wouldn't purchase a Tesla. I'd wait until a service center appeared within 2-3 hours. Many things can be handled in your driveway by mobile service, but in my experience, the service center is needed 1-2 times per year.

PiperPaul

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello fellow Bluenoser & Welcome!
There are perhaps a dozen of us (that I know of) in NS with about 6 in the South Shore area where the best live, and I'm sure more in Halifax.
To answer some of your questions:
  • my Model 3 was delivered to my door (rural area) 2 years ago, but a friend locally getting his third told me that driveway delivery has recently stopped and he would have to go to Halifax for his new Y. Don't know the conclusion to that story.
  • re: body shops: It depends on what you mean by "local". I developed some contacts here in the Lunenburg area that I can refer you to. I presume there are "official" ones now in Halfax but Tesla "ain't telling"
  • I have never had any type of problem that the Mobile Rep couldn't deal with in my driveway including some significant (to me) teardowns to fix a rattle, or replace a cranky window motor. So no need to drive for 1.5 days to Quebec, although any trip in the car is a pleasure. BTW for later reference: We have to hack the Service Appointment routine on the Tesla App to arrange Mobile Service. Something to note for your future reference.
If I can help with any other questions re: NS ownership, feel free to reply or message me. I make time to check this forum about twice a week; it's been very valuable.
Cheers.

• Helpful
Reactions: garsh

theteslarator

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Finally ordered the Model Y, (Long Range All-Wheel Drive, Red Multi-Coat Paint, Tow Hitch).
The nice people at Tesla Montreal told me it's either pick it up in Montreal & drive it back to Nova Scotia or pay to have it shipped by a 3rd party carrier (that I have to find and contract with myself).
Told them I'll wait for the Halifax Service Centre to open and accept delivery there or they go back to the old days and do doorstep deliveries.
They told me that if my Tesla arrives prior to the existence of a Halifax service centre and I don't either accept delivery there or have it shipped, that they'll sell it to somebody else.
I told them I'm OK with that and have all the time in the world.
Anyway, worst case scenario is somebody gets a nice Model Y. Plus e-trons, i-Paces, and ID.whatevers (with service centres in Halifax now) will have improved enough to be serviceable.
Am I being reasonable and realistic? Is there some additional way of lobbying for a Halifax service centre other than just saying "no".

-Peter

PiperPaul

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Finally ordered the Model Y, (Long Range All-Wheel Drive, Red Multi-Coat Paint, Tow Hitch).
The nice people at Tesla Montreal told me it's either pick it up in Montreal & drive it back to Nova Scotia or pay to have it shipped by a 3rd party carrier (that I have to find and contract with myself).
Told them I'll wait for the Halifax Service Centre to open and accept delivery there or they go back to the old days and do doorstep deliveries.
They told me that if my Tesla arrives prior to the existence of a Halifax service centre and I don't either accept delivery there or have it shipped, that they'll sell it to somebody else.
I told them I'm OK with that and have all the time in the world.
Anyway, worst case scenario is somebody gets a nice Model Y. Plus e-trons, i-Paces, and ID.whatevers (with service centres in Halifax now) will have improved enough to be serviceable.
Am I being reasonable and realistic? Is there some additional way of lobbying for a Halifax service centre other than just saying "no".

-Peter
Hi Peter & Welcome!
I think you are being more than reasonable and realistic.

It is unfortunate that it seems that the only way to get a satisfactory conclusion is to possibly walk away from your car. Smart negotiating principles include being able to walk away from a bad deal.
I'm also embarrassed as a Tesla fan and promoter since I've been telling anyone that would listen for the last two years about the magic of ordering online and having the vehicle delivered to your door. What's next? No more Mobile Service?
The possibility of a Halifax Centre has been quietly in the cards for at least a year to my knowledge, but there isn't any indication officially of any intent or progress.

This really bums me out for a number of reasons: Tesla has burned their ordering/delivery magic. Nova Scotia has only just woken up to promoting EVs and charging infrastructure. That in turn has probably made Tesla and other manufacturers shy in this part of the world. Which all becomes a defeating spiral towards dumb.

My only satisfaction in all this is that I was lucky I got my M3 when I did when Tesla really wanted my business, and I've had 2 years of enjoying a fabulous car.

Please keep us up to date on your quest.
Cheers, Paul

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.