Not turning off when I close the door

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As the title says, my model 3 occasionally doesn't turn off when I close the door. Screen stays on, music playing, heater blowing etc. I have to open the driver door and close again. Happens maybe 25% of the time.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Do you have walk away lock activated? I was under the impression that it does not turn off and lock until you walk away and get a certain distance from the car. i.e. approx 20 ft or so. That’s how mine works. If you just stand there and close the door it stays on and screen stays illuminated.

Ski

Eli

Country
Country
Music/screen should turn off the instant the door is closed (and no one is sitting in the driver's seat). A/C compressor usually takes 30 seconds or so to power down. Occasionally I have the reverse problem, I will get in and sit down and sometimes the screen will turn off on closing the door, like it doesn't detect weight on seat.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Music/screen should turn off the instant the door is closed (and no one is sitting in the driver's seat). A/C compressor usually takes 30 seconds or so to power down. Occasionally I have the reverse problem, I will get in and sit down and sometimes the screen will turn off on closing the door, like it doesn't detect weight on seat.
Won't music and HVAC stay on if the car hasn't locked and someone is in the passenger seat?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have walk away lock activated? I was under the impression that it does not turn off and lock until you walk away and get a certain distance from the car. i.e. approx 20 ft or so. That’s how mine works. If you just stand there and close the door it stays on and screen stays illuminated.

Ski
I do have walk-away lock on, but everything stays on no matter how far I walk. Every other time the screen and music shuts off immediately when the door closes.

EvanVanVan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've noticed similar things...the first indication of a problem I notice is the music doesn't quiet down when I open the door. First time it happened I walked out of a store and realized my headlights were still on and the car had been unlocked for the 15 minutes I was gone (that was a few weeks ago before V9). It just happened again this evening but this time I noticed it before walking away though. Interestingly, the music would turn off when I closed the door, but would blare whenever I opened it.

I actually wondered if it could have something to do with me switching between the official Tesla app and the 3rd party Dashboard for Tesla app after I had got into and started the car.

Country
Country
As the title says, my model 3 occasionally doesn't turn off when I close the door. Screen stays on, music playing, heater blowing etc. I have to open the driver door and close again. Happens maybe 25% of the time.
I have the exact issue and it happens about 20% of the time. Have you found a solution? I've just been making sure the screen goes dark before I walk away. If not, I open and close the door again.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the exact issue and it happens about 20% of the time. Have you found a solution? I've just been making sure the screen goes dark before I walk away. If not, I open and close the door again.

I have not, I actually crashed my car last friday (extremely icy roads, everyone is totally fine) and I'm waiting to see if it's totalled. Soooo I might have a totally different tesla in a week or so.