Northeast Mobile Service Scheduling

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
My model 3 has an issue with the frunk. We've had it less than a week and I think I checked the frunk on pickup but now when I pop the frunk, it gets stuck as if it were an ICE hood and I need to move a safety lever to open it the rest of the way. But there's no safety lever, right? You're supposed to just pull the frunk up after pushing the button? All I can do is lift it up 1-2 inches until it hits the latch or push it back closed. No bueno.

Anyway, I have my other Model 3 in the SvC to do diagnostics for my "Cannot Maintain Power" error message and I when they called to tell me that they're still doing diagnostics, I request a Mobile ranger appointment for the frunk and she put me in the system and tells me someone will contact me.

Instead, I get this neat email that links to their web mobile service scheduling portal I thought I would share for people to know how it works (at least for me in NY but its titled NORTHEAST)

Email:

20181001_182058-jpg.15389

20181001_182157-jpg.15390

Then clicking on the link takes you to their site where you enter the address you want them to service your car (work, home, gym, etc)

20181001_182256-jpg.15391

Then you enter what service you want and if they need any gate codes for entering a gated community or whatever.

20181001_182335-jpg.15392

Then you pick a date for the service.

20181001_182511-jpg.15393

Them you pick a time for the service in 1 hour windows (no 6 hour windows like the cable company!)

20181001_182535-jpg.15394

Finally a contact information page and you get a confirmation page and you're done! Pretty cool and convenient.

20181001_182603-jpg.15395

SolanaModel3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My frunk is stuck just like you described since last night. I've used it without issues for months, even yesterday at lunch time, but since last night, no luck.
What's the resolution of the issue? Some procedure to force open? Replace the secondary latch?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Frunk was fixed last night by mobile ranger. He was great. Called twice before the appointment to tell me he was running late and find out what my issues were. Fixed the frunk, programmed extra key cards, and installed the aero cap kit for me all while car was parked at my wife's workplace. I wasn't there to see what exactly he did to fix the frunk latch but I assume it involved dropping the bumper.

The turn signal repair part is on order. It's a known issue.

SolanaModel3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Glad your issues are getting fixed. But i'm bummed the frunk resoluton probably means a trip to the SC in my near future since I'm 5 miles away...

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing. Can you add the link so that I can save it?
I wanted to make sure the link was not "invite only" before posting it. Based of further emails, this self scheduling site appears to be a pilot program. If your zip code isn't in their "Northeast" territory, I presume you won't be able to use this site. https://nemobileservice.routezilla.com

So, yeah... 5 miles is very close, but regardless Tesla will be sending a ranger to fix my frunk...
It is IMMENSELY easier and more convenient to have mobile service vs bringing the car to the SvC. It literally can be seamless to your schedule as they repair the car in you home driveway or office parking lot or gym parking lot. Its AMAZING and another way that Tesla is way ahead of the competition.