North Cali: Recommendation for a shop to perform performance mods?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Dirty_Evo

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Going to try to kill two birds with one post:

1. can anybody here recommend any Northern California shops they have used and liked for installation of things like coil over / spring kits or big brake kits or other performance mods? Not comfortable doing my own stuff at this point. Would prefer to pay a shop I can trust.

2. anybody done a driver's seat swap in a Model 3 ? I HATE the stock seats for performance driving. I know everybody has a different opinion. I am not bashing them. They just are not what I like at all. I would like to put a seat from a different car in there. Manual / basic (from a Mitsubishi Evo 8 or Evo 9). Or a BMW or Porsche sport seat. I can get custom brackets fabricated as needed, its the electronic end of things I have no clue about. Could it be done and without screwing up systems / software whatever.. anybody done it? The Model 3 is light and nimble and handles as well as anything out there.. it needs appropriate supportive seats. any ideas / thoughts / experience ?

Last edited by a moderator:

orekart

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm an enthusiast and can help if you did want to do the work yourself. I self-installed the MPP Lift Kit and learned much about the car; the suspension is easy enough to take apart and put back together. I'm in the Reno NV area. I did get a recommendation from a friend for Luscious Motors in San Francisco over being known to specialize in EV and hybrid as an independent shop (no specific advice about Tesla there).

Did you know the spaceship (frunk tub) can be stored in the car interior with the rear seats folded down? You can take the car to bits and shove everything in the interior for when it rains - as it should be! :D

Reactions: 1 person

Dirty_Evo

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I'm an enthusiast and can help if you did want to do the work yourself. I self-installed the MPP Lift Kit and learned much about the car; the suspension is easy enough to take apart and put back together. I'm in the Reno NV area. I did get a recommendation from a friend for Luscious Motors in San Francisco over being known to specialize in EV and hybrid as an independent shop (no specific advice about Tesla there).

Did you know the spaceship (frunk tub) can be stored in the car interior with the rear seats folded down? You can take the car to bits and shove everything in the interior for when it rains - as it should be! :D

Cool thanks. That might work. I do have basic wrenching skills.. I vintage race a Datsun 510 and can pull and install engines and transmissions and have taken apart suspensions, etc.. but just not real comfy doing it on a brand new car I am not familiar with. Even on my Datsun I usually like to have a buddy with more experience kind of there to advise.
Makes me really nervous. Not super confident in my ability to not completely screw it up.

And I am hoping somebody knows about seat swaps.. because gosh I hate the seats.. seriously!

MMMGP

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The suspension install is easy, the rears take minutes. DIY, you’ll see it’s super easy.

P-Lo801

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've read people post positive reviews about their experience with suspension install at Griffin Motorwerks in Berkeley and Sonic Motorsport in the San Jose area.

Reactions: 1 person

P-Lo801

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wait, you're in Newcastle. I'm from Sac and had my MPP coilovers installed at Wiked Kustomz in Sacramento. They mostly work on air suspension, but they know their way around coilovers. They charged me $350 otd to install them.

As for the seats, I don't think they'd work on that, but if air suspension may require seat mods, then it may be worth asking them.