Non-marring 1/2" 13/16 lug key

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone have recommendations for a good one? The ones I have ran into are total crap. Want to have a few on hand for anyone that may do work on my car that would require removing the wheels so they are less likely to scratch them up. Thanks!

I use this socket since i deploy old school (no el-cheapo plastic covers here on a $100K and $60K car) Tesla lug nuts. I also have a complete set of these sockets. I smoke too much legal marijuana so I honestly can’t remeber if I purchased these sockets from Advance, Auto Zone, or Amazon.

26460a30-2142-4b97-bf30-55508222b4e9-jpeg.16244

btw, NObody will treat your wheels or lug nuts the way you would. I wish Tesla would offer seminars for folks that want to safely learn how to change a flat or rotate tires. I believe that many owners would like to learn this, and possibly other basic maintenance and visual inspection techniques and it might just help free up some of the overloaded service centers. I am a complete OCD fusspot, so I handle this and other maintanance items myself.

btw II, if you are going to trust a 3rd party shop, you may also consider sourcing a full set of lifting pucks.

Good-luck!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Thnx for finding, however, do not purchase the 21mm that I use with my Tesla Gen 1 lug nuts. As you already know, a 13/16” 6-pt should be deployed for all Gen 2 (plastic covered) lug nuts. You might consider this rascal here. Hopefully, someone that knows how to post those fancy links and hyper links can help/make/edit this post easier for others to use. I am sure there are many other suitable chrome moly sleeved sockets available as well. I do not own this particular item, so I can not attest to its suitability for anyone’s specific needs.

btw, don’t allow the shop rats to use pneumatic impact wrenches or torque sticks on your baby. my $.02
31c20540-72a7-49d0-b313-6fc0e6cb2895-png.16269

Last edited by a moderator: