Product Review Nomad Wireless Charger

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

njkode

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still waiting on my M3, but very interested in this charger. Hoping some start to receive theirs and give some reviews.

HeyEllwood

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pro Tip - put the item in your cart, fill out all the info - but don't checkout

You'll get a 10% off coupon in a few days.

That sold me, just as they hoped it would. I love my 3D printed solution but the upgrade to fast charging got me.
Is it possible to post the discount code? I wonder if it is universal. I created an account & added it to the cart etc.

Can't wait for this. I was so close to getting a Jeda..phew..

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it possible to post the discount code? I wonder if it is universal. I created an account & added it to the cart etc.

Can't wait for this. I was so close to getting a Jeda..phew..
Friend already tried it's one use. Took about 3 to 4 days to get the email from them. I did everything but checkout just don't complete the final step.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve been looking at this website for the last 30 minutes — this is bad ... must resist ... :eek:
These things happen. I kept saying how much i loved my 3d printed pad. Then they sent me that 10 measly percent off coupon and i caved. Plus they allow Amazon checkout and i get another 5 percent off with that and no tax.

Same thing happened with floor mats yesterday. Someone posts these new mats and i just had to but them.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haha, welp, I'm no help. Beaten to the coupon punch.

I got an email for 10% off this morning and just ordered. Came to $125 - which honestly, for the fit and finish that this company looks to provide, is worth premium. That's... a fraction of a car payment and people are complaining about it being too expensive.

HeyEllwood

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These things happen. I kept saying how much i loved my 3d printed pad. Then they sent me that 10 measly percent off coupon and i caved. Plus they allow Amazon checkout and i get another 5 percent off with that and no tax.

Same thing happened with floor mats yesterday. Someone posts these new mats and i just had to but them.

Wait wait..what floor mats? :D

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

How did you get 5% off with Amazon checkout?

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Floor mats

https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p782/tesla-model3

There are a bunch of pics in another thread on here. I like the extra extension on the side that I've not seen from anyone else.

On Amazon if you get an Amazon credit card from them you get 5% off all Amazon purchases or checkout through Amazon purchases. For the number of items my family gets through Amazon it's been great.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think this product looks like it has to be thicker than the Jeda Pad (given the built in battery), I'm curious to see how this fits. The extra bumper on the bottom makes sense given my assumption that it's thicker as the phones would definitely fall off otherwise.

This continues to be bad that I check this website more and more ;)

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think this product looks like it has to be thicker than the Jeda Pad (given the built in battery), I'm curious to see how this fits. The extra bumper on the bottom makes sense given my assumption that it's thicker as the phones would definitely fall off otherwise.

This continues to be bad that I check this website more and more ;)
I wrote to the company asking how thick the pad is. The Jeda is 6 mm I believe. I also asked about the “booster” battery and whether the charger would still work effectively off of the USB ports alone, should the booster circuitry fail.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wrote to the company asking how thick the pad is. The Jeda is 6 mm I believe. I also asked about the “booster” battery and whether the charger would still work effectively off of the USB ports alone, should the booster circuitry fail.
I would hope that the answer is yes given the power output of the front USB, but then again if the front USB already supplies 7.5W and the max charge rate of the device is at 7.5W, I’m not sure what that battery pack is even doing...

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would hope that the answer is yes given the power output of the front USB, but then again if the front USB already supplies 7.5W and the max charge rate of the device is at 7.5W, I’m not sure what that battery pack is even doing...
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. You did at one time check your front USB outputs and got 1.5A at 5V (7.5W) correct? I’m starting to wonder if that’s not the case for everyone? Maybe some folks aren’t getting 7.5W out of their front USBs and that could be the problem that some are reporting with slow charging?

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. You did at one time check your front USB outputs and got 1.5A at 5V (7.5W) correct? I’m starting to wonder if that’s not the case for everyone? Maybe some folks aren’t getting 7.5W out of their front USBs and that could be the problem that some are reporting with slow charging?
That’s spot on — exactly what I measured!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Re-read the product description. It’s built to provide 7.5w of charging power for ‘two’ phones simultaneously.

HeyEllwood

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Alright, I have received 2 emails reminding me that the charging pad is in my cart - Still waiting on that coupon code! Also please keep us updated if you hear back on the thickness etc for it! I never even thought about all that stuff. I think either way its going to be the way to go for a solid wireless charger for our 3's without having to handle two different things like with the Jeda (from what I read that's what it sounds like).