No More Mid Range Model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Mr.WrightNow

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I recently (yesterday, 3/18/19) refused delivery of a demo model 3 mid range. There was wear and "tears" that I was not ok with. It was extremely difficult to say no to such a beautiful car. She was blue... now the mid range model is no longer and option and there are no blue models left in inventory. Im changing my order to brand new mid range Tesla in black and wrapping it blue. A better situation all around. Just a wanted to put it out there that the mid range is gone for good.

PS. I'm stupid excited about my new car/spaceship.

Reactions: 3 people

Skmetallica

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
How are you able to order a new MR? I also rejected a MR this past weekend and they said they cannot order a new one and there are none in existing inventory

Griff

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Keep checking. I was told there were none in inventory twice on Monday, and asked a third time for S's&G's and they found me one. I hope it wasn't one that was rejected.

rwsimon

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ordered a MR on March 8. Tesla called today to say they aren’t going to build it and offered to comp the paint on the car in exchange for upgrading to the LR. I went for it. 46 (or perhaps 61) miles of additional range is worth $1,500. Farewell Lemur.

Reactions: 3 people

scoutm3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same here - ordered a MR with AP last Thursday, black with aero wheels. They called today offering any color and 19" wheels at no charge to offset increased price of LR. I explained that I wanted black and 18", so how about including Autopilot at no charge? They flat out refused.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Skmetallica

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Getting a color and wheel upgrade for a LR is a pretty sweet deal. They only offered me paint. If your original MR order was not black with aero, it’s a no brainer.

scoutm3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Getting a color and wheel upgrade for a LR is a pretty sweet deal. They only offered me paint. If your original MR order was not black with aero, it’s a no brainer.
100% agree. But because black and 18" was my original choice it makes life difficult! In the end I think I'll go for black with 19". Considering white, but mostly because it feels like I'm leaving money on the table if I don't go for a free option...

Reactions: 1 person

Skmetallica

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
100% agree. But because black and 18" was my original choice it makes life difficult! In the end I think I'll go for black with 19". Considering white, but mostly because it feels like I'm leaving money on the table if I don't go for a free option...

I know what you mean, I was originally ordering black too, but always had a soft spot for red and jumped on that when offered a free upgrade. I have a feeling with these price cuts that there will be a ton of black M3’s on the road soon. Can’t hurt future resale to have a premium paint. White and red have that pearl effect which to me always stands out from a standard flat color. Probably why they are the 2 most expensive options!

UncleJJ74

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Ordered a MR on March 8. Tesla called today to say they aren’t going to build it and offered to comp the paint on the car in exchange for upgrading to the LR. I went for it. 46 (or perhaps 61) miles of additional range is worth $1,500. Farewell Lemur.

Same here. Ordered 2/28.

Bortron

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Same here with my 2/28 MR order. Just got my order changed today to a LR for a $1500 discount. Inside sales rep couldn't tell me if they have any cars matching my new configuration, so I think the two week delivery estimate is optimistic.

Mr.WrightNow

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I recently (yesterday, 3/18/19) refused delivery of a demo model 3 mid range. There was wear and "tears" that I was not ok with. It was extremely difficult to say no to such a beautiful car. She was blue... now the mid range model is no longer and option and there are no blue models left in inventory. Im changing my order to brand new mid range Tesla in black and wrapping it blue. A better situation all around. Just a wanted to put it out there that the mid range is gone for good.

PS. I'm stupid excited about my new car/spaceship.

Update: I'm not wrapping my car. There is no paint protection when applying a color wrap so I went with the clear bra and ceramic coating.

I was not offered the upgrade option to a long range, but that may have been because I got one of the last mid range models left in inventory.

Mr.WrightNow

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How are you able to order a new MR? I also rejected a MR this past weekend and they said they cannot order a new one and there are none in existing inventory

Tesla customer service is amazing!!! My delivery specialty handled it all for me, Thanks Alex in San Diego! I just lucked out and got one of the last ones in stock with my options. They had a few color options for me to chose and by the time I called back they had all been taken except black and Alex had already locked it up for me.

Last edited:

Bob Publico

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered my Model 3 Mid Range and the following week MR was discontinued. I feel like an orphan in the Model 3 family.
Does anyone think Tesla could up the "range" from the 265 miles closer to 300? That would be a great gesture and goodwill on Tesla's part.
With that said, I love my car!!

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered my Model 3 Mid Range and the following week MR was discontinued. I feel like an orphan in the Model 3 family.
Does anyone think Tesla could up the "range" from the 265 miles closer to 300? That would be a great gesture and goodwill on Tesla's part.
With that said, I love my car!!

They took the batteries out to reduce the price. No magic available. Goodwill is that you got a car that many SR owners want. Also, limited edition Tesla often have great resale.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I feel like I'm special because I have a rare model that was only available for a few months and I was one of the lucky ones able to snag one before it was gone. It's also the only Model 3 version Elon deemed worthy enough for a nickname. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Bob Publico

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I feel like I'm special because I have a rare model that was only available for a few months and I was one of the lucky ones able to snag one before it was gone. It's also the only Model 3 version Elon deemed worthy enough for a nickname. :)
Thank you BluestarE3, you make me feel special and no longer an orphan. I do love my car!!

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.