Nissan IMx - thoughts?

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So add this to the list of never ending electric + autonomous concept cars....

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ncept-electric-suv-debuts-at-tokyo-motor-show

I'm excited about all the stuff getting announced, but everything just seems soooo far away and vaporware at this point. Like all the other car companies, this car will likely come out 3-4 years after the Model 3 and look and feel absolutely nothing like the concept car. I look forward to what the future holds, but for now I look forward to the hopefully near future of me driving a Model 3. ;-)

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yet another old world car company trying to capture our imagination with something they have no intention of creating. Looks ugly and purely styled to pretend to be the future. Some of the concepts in the video were cool though like paying for parking by allowing the vehicle to supply energy to the grid.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yet another old world car company trying to capture our imagination with something they have no intention of creating. Looks ugly and purely styled to pretend to be the future. Some of the concepts in the video were cool though like paying for parking by allowing the vehicle to supply energy to the grid.
Yea, absolutely. I actually didn't mind the look of the car. Kinda crazy, but definitely appreciate the "futuristic" nature of the car. Definitely like the concepts. Wireless charging. Fold away steering wheel with auto-reclining seats, etc. I just like seeing these crazy ideas.

Jayc

Country
Country
I hope Nissan brings it to production sooner rather than later. It will sell better than the leaf. We need more competition in this space with comparable specs, fine even if design language differs.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope Nissan brings it to production sooner rather than later. It will sell better than the leaf. We need more competition in this space with comparable specs, fine even if design language differs.
Agreed. I want someone - ANYONE - to make a decent attempt to give Tesla some competition. The Leaf would have been a good start if the battery technology wasn't so awful.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pay no attention to concepts, they're irrelevant. You know the drill.

What we need to see is production-intent cars and announcements from these guys.