Nick's Tesla Life Videos

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Please post your personal videos into a single thread to keep things organized. Thanks
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey, made a video for this update. Noticed that the auto high beams is a little flaky, it doesn't come on right after the car passes you and on some local roads it wouldn't turn on the high beams. It tough to tell if there are problems with it or if that's just how it works. Here -

Vin

Country
Country
I was so obsessed about this I made a video showing all the issues and compares some of them between the Model 3 and an Audi A7.
[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif][/FONT]
Nick,
Welcome to M3 Owners Club forum. I've been watching a lot of your M3 videos lately. Thanks for posting so many different subjects.
Just a quick question regarding potholes. Do you know if autopilot or TACC detects large potholes in any way, or move around them at all or is that something we just have to notice on our own and grab the wheel in time?
Being in PA area there are plenty of bad roads.

Thanks.

Vin

Country
Country
Nick, I forgot to also ask, having seen your video of M3 on a hill about rolling when off hold mode...
how do you parallel park on a somewhat steep hill between 2 cars without hitting them? Do you actually have to have one foot on brake and accelerator pedal as mentioned by another youtuber?

Just curious if you can show this in a video, but if you hit a car don't blame me ;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nick,
Welcome to M3 Owners Club forum. I've been watching a lot of your M3 videos lately. Thanks for posting so many different subjects.
Just a quick question regarding potholes. Do you know if autopilot or TACC detects large potholes in any way, or move around them at all or is that something we just have to notice on our own and grab the wheel in time?
Being in PA area there are plenty of bad roads.

Thanks.
No pothole detector yet, but I'm expecting it in a upcoming software update.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nick, I forgot to also ask, having seen your video of M3 on a hill about rolling when off hold mode...
how do you parallel park on a somewhat steep hill between 2 cars without hitting them? Do you actually have to have one foot on brake and accelerator pedal as mentioned by another youtuber?

Just curious if you can show this in a video, but if you hit a car don't blame me ;)
The car rolls backwards like a normal car if it's not in cruise or AP mode.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone said the Easy Entry icons are new with this update, not sure if they've been there. I found it a little tricky to get these icons to appear if your easy entry setting isn't' much different than your normal setting, plus the icons only appear during the transition from Easy Entry to your normal setting and not when you just click the Easy Entry/profile icon. I made a video to explain this. https://youtu.be/cX7YQ_OC_-I

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I found it a little tricky to get these icons to appear if your easy entry setting isn't' much different than your normal setting, plus the icons only appear during the transition from Easy Entry to your normal setting and not when you just click the Easy Entry/profile icon. I made a video to explain this. https://youtu.be/cX7YQ_OC_-I

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone said the Easy Entry icons are new with this update, not sure if they've been there. I found it a little tricky to get these icons to appear if your easy entry setting isn't' much different than your normal setting, plus the icons only appear during the transition from Easy Entry to your normal setting and not when you just click the Easy Entry/profile icon. I made a video to explain this. https://youtu.be/cX7YQ_OC_-I
which version are you on? you posted this same thing here (2018.18.3) and in the newer version's thread (2018.18.13)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tested a variety of music file formats from http://techslides.com/sample-files-for-development and found which formats work and don't work. Also tested to see if any movie file formats worked. Made a video
Supported Music File Formats
• AAC File
• FLAC File
• MP3 File
• WAV File
• AIFF File
• OGG File
• WMA File

Unsupported Music File Formats
• MIDI File
• AC3 File
• MKA File
• M4A File
• VOC File
• AU File
• AMR File
• RA File

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Supported Music File Formats
• AAC File
• FLAC File
• MP3 File
• WAV File
• AIFF File
• OGG File
• WMA File
Others have reported that the player has problems switching between formats. During your testing, did you put several different formats on the same USB drive, and attempt to play them in sequence?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I produced a short video after researching the computer systems used in Teslas, culminating with the computer systems used in the Model 3 and what Tesla might do going forward. Do you think Tesla should stay with NVIDIA technology upgrading to their latest offerings Xavier, Pegasus, or Orin; or develop their own Soc (System on a Chip) technology.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You should have included the option “I don’t care who makes the chip(s) as long as it works” option in your poll.

Rich Nuth

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Tesla is too small at this time to be developing their own cpus/gpus. The current crop of devices from Nvidia is sufficient for the needs a few years into the future. Developing your own in-house is a much bigger effort than people realize, and extremely expensive if your only customer is yourself. Tesla is a long way from having a volume like Apple to justify the expense of developing custom silicon. When mask costs alone are in excess of $2M for each silicon spin and the engineering cost to get there even higher, the cost per unit would be several thousand dollars. Much more than getting the units from Nvidia.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had this crazy idea to make a video a day for as long as I could after taking delivery of my Model 3. Well, I've made it to 100 days and I summarize all that I've learned in this video explaining the things I like about the Model 3. If you've watched my videos I have plenty of things I don't like, but I'll leave them for another summary. I wanted today to be positive! Enjoy...

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think i've watched every single one of your videos about the model 3 in anticipation of my July delivery. they've really helped me to better understand the car and to also get excited for it. thanks for making them