NH inspection

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi,

So I've got my model 3 here in NH and failed to get my inspection sticker since there's no ODB port. Even though they clearly understood there's no emissions, the computer system won't let them print a sticker without odb results. Has anyone figured out how to get around this?

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Uh oh. I get my delivery in NH next weekend. Please let me know what you find. Surely some Model S or X owners have gotten around this. Maybe just take to a different inspection location?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Uh oh. I get my delivery in NH next weekend. Please let me know what you find. Surely some Model S or X owners have gotten around this. Maybe just take to a different inspection location?
Apparently the S and X have ODB2 ports, so they just work. I'll let you know when I figure out the solution!

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi,

So I've got my model 3 here in NH and failed to get my inspection sticker since there's no ODB port. Even though they clearly understood there's no emissions, the computer system won't let them print a sticker without odb results. Has anyone figured out how to get around this?
There are some things that I hate in government and then sometimes they get things right.

In Georgia, emissions is a requirement in some (maybe all) parts of the state. Somebody finally determined that they would make the requirement for emissions, a prerequisite for updating the tag sticker. So we don't need an obnoxious emissions sticker in the window.
And then they also figured out, that if an emissions sticker isn't needed, then it becomes a not required when getting a tag.

Why can't all states figure this stuff out?

Phillyasian

Country
Country
Hi,

I'm surprised the SC didn't recommend a place. Have you called the SC to ask for a recommendation as to where to go? They would HAVE to know a place to go. I would not leave the SC until THEY locate an Inspection place for you to go.

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would not leave the SC until THEY locate an Inspection place for you to go.
Assuming SC = Service Center

There are no Tesla Service Centers in NH. They have some in MA, but at least for me they are delivering to me instead of a service center pick up. I'm not sure I'd place much faith in MA service centers knowing where to get a NH inspection.

Country
Country
Me too.
Got my M3 yesterday. 7/18/2018
I drove to Mt. Kisco NY to pickup.

reserved 11/30/2016
Ordered 6/30/2018
VIN 352**

So where do I get an inspection?

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We just moved to NH, so my fiance got her car inspected at VIP Auto last week. While we were there I asked about a safety only inspection for an electric vehicle that doesn't have an ODB2 port. The guy said they had old trucks that are exempt from emissions all the time that don't have the port, and so it shouldn't be a problem. Got my car this past Sunday, and have my inspection appointment today at 4. Hoping I don't have any issues.

My only concern is they I saw them lift her car for the inspection, and I here model 3 has very particular jack points, so I printed out the relevant page from the manual to give them when I go. Never cared enough about cars to look into this kind of thing before my Model 3.

Country
Country
I got an inspection for my model 3 at audi in stratham nh.
No problem with no obd2 port.
$25 dollars.
Didn't put it up on the lift.
They said they had done a number of tesla vehicles before.
They even sold a tesla S a while back.

BostonPilot

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Here in Massachusetts, they don't put it on the lift, but they will jack the car in order to test ball joints etc.

I'm planning on bringing my M3 jack point kit with me (actually, my plan is to carry it in the car in case I break down in a way that requires someone to jack up the car).

You know, like this: or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Mode...r-Tire-Service-Tire-Change-Tool-/142709055354

I'm not affiliated, I just figure I'd like to be prepared for that eventuality...

NightStorm

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Me too.
Got my M3 yesterday. 7/18/2018
I drove to Mt. Kisco NY to pickup.
I'll be driving to Mt. Kisco to pick up mine sometime toward the end of the month. I'm curious of the Mt. Kisco picker-uppers who drove their new M3 back to NH:
  • Does the Tesla Service Center provide NY Temp. plates or did you need to bring your own?
  • Was it fully charged on delivery and did that get you home?
  • If you had to stop at a Tesla charge station along the way, do I have to setup an account in advance with Tesla to pay for that or is it automatic with the car?
Thanks!

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you had to stop at a Tesla charge station along the way, do I have to setup an account in advance with Tesla to pay for that or is it automatic with the car?
I can't speak for the rest, but I did find out that until they transfer the car to your Tesla account Tesla provides free Supercharging. Once they have transferred it, they just charge the credit card on file for Supercharging. For me they already had the card I put the configuration deposit against, the first time I supercharged after the car was transferred to my Tesla account.