Image courtesy of @canessos in Twitter
List of known things about the next gen Roadster
List Compiled courtesy of
(1) The removal glass roof is moulded to support better air flow.
(2) There are some additional aero pieces for air flow underneath where the the axel is for each of the rear tires.
(3) There is a wing on the rear deck for additional downforce at high speeds.
(4) The third brake light appears to be below the deck wing and the same width as the deck wing.
(5) Rear quarter panel window appears to have an air-inlet towards the rear to provide cooling for the additional cells in the raised section of the hatch.
(6) The bottom left (driver side) and bottom right (passenger side) of the "B" pillar has a touch sensor, swipe up gesture locks the Roadster. Swipe down gesture unlocks the Roadster.
(7) Doors unlatch and swing open a few inches after a successful unlock gesture. They are not auto presenting like the Model X.
(8) When the glass roof panel has been removed, the images of the Roadster on the screen show a Roadster without the roof panel.
(9) Front seats have red release buttons, and not black like the Model S/X.
(10) The accelerator and brake pedals are all black rubber, and not chrome like the Performance Model S/X.
(11) The "Knight Rider" style steering wheels does have carbon fiber on the bottom piece.
(12) Door sills are carbon fiber with the word "ROADSTER" in all caps and italics.
(13) The rear passengers do indeed have a hand rest on the the molded side panel.
(14) The front seatbelts are black even on the white seats
(15) The rear seatbelts are black against the black seats.
(16) Underneath the floating curved front LCD screen, there appears to be two storage areas, one flat on the bottom which may open up, and one on the slight incline with a similar angle to the screen.
(17) There is absolutely no rear seat leg room when the front seats are pushed back all the way.
(18) There are tiny screens in the dash one for the driver (ie, instrument cluster) and one for the passenger (passenger auxiliary screen).
(19) Steering wheel has touch sensitive + and - button on the right side and touch sensitive up and down arrow buttons on the left side. May support a Tap and Tap+Hold gestures
(20) Steering wheel has two paddles, one one each side.
(21) Driver and passenger seats belts have adjustable shoulder strap heights (like the Model X).
(22) Where is the charging port?
(23) Will there be a frunk that is usable?
(22) Similar to the Ferrari GTC4Lusso, the rear seats are captain chairs with a hand rest in between.
(23) Rear seats have red release buttons, and not black like the Model S/X.
(24) The rear seats look to support LATCH for booster seats.
(25) The hatch appears to have a raised section close to the rear seats, possibly where they are storing the addition cells to get to 200 kWh. This is similar to the Ferrari GTC4Lusso hatch.
(26) There's no privacy parcel cover for the rear hatch. Everything is exposed to prying eyes.
(27) There appears to be a ski passthrough in the back seats so you can take your Next Gen Roadster to the ski resorts (will need snow tires which are available in the two sizes). More than likely chains will not be supported on these size rims+tires.
(28) Subwoofer appears to be on the right side of the hatch.
(29) Front facing cameras are just like they are on the Model S/X.
(30) Side repeater have camera but they are below the carbon fiber fin.
(31) "B" pillar cameras are at the top front corner of the "B" pillar.
(32) Rear camera is just above the license place.
(33) No front or rear parking sensors appear on the 1:18 model nor the one being driven around in California.
Wheel + Brakes
(34) Carbon fiber front rims are riding on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 265/35ZR20 (95Y). Center Disc appears to forged aluminum, while the Barrel and Outter Lip appear as Carbon Fiber.
(35) Carbon fiber rear rims are riding on Micheline Pilot Sport Cup 2 325/30ZR21 (104Y). Center Disc appears to forged Aluminum, while the Barrel and Outter Lip appear as Carbon Fiber.
(36) Center locking caps on all four wheels, which means it has HUGE NUTS.
(37) The rotors are carbon ceramic and cross drilled (not slotted).
(35) "SpaceX package" consisting of a several cold-gas thrusters around the car as well as behind the license plate has been confirmed by Elon but on Twitter and on the Jay Leno Cybertruck segment. A special COPV (carbon over-wrapped pressure vessel) would be located where the back passenger seats are to contain compressed air that would be piped to the gas thrusters around the car. Elon has confirmed that the thrusters would help with cornering on fast tracks and also allow the car to achieve acceleration not possible by tire traction alone. Numbers in the 1.5s or less 0-60 range have been speculated. Another possible capability hinted by Elon would allow the car to "hover" or "hop" if they could make it safe enough.