Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Next batch of model 3’s

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SoFlaModel3 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the next model 3 will be delivered? End of July they did the 30 and I think I heard next would be in October, but that does not sound right to me. That would be 2 months of nothing.

Please let me know.

#3 ·
Yeah, "October" was their estimate of when gen pop would start receiving cars.
The estimated production ramp was:
July: 30 (50 actual)
August: 100
September: 1500

I expect they'll continue to surpass these estimates, unless they hit a snag.
I have seen estimates for the number of units going to employees between of 6,000 and 15,000 units. I'd suspect down towards the lower end of that range. So you can see that they'd need a healthy September and October production rate to get to customer cars.

#4 ·
I anticipate it will be quiet from here on out and simply happen as it happens naturally. As others have said already in this thread though, right now it's employee cars and then in October it will be customer cars and higher volumes.

Reactions: MichelT3
#6 ·
Thanks for all of the info. Hoping people will pass on the longer range model or wait for other options so I can jump ahead.

#7 ·
I'm 5 hours south of you -- you can swing down here to check out my long range :)

P.S. -- Ponte Vedra is awesome (if you're a golfer -- not bad to be so close to TPC Sawgrass -- I've played twice!).

Reactions: Michael Russo
#11 ·
Not only was it there, but it had a CA temporary registration on the windshield and an interesting license plate or license plate holder. It looked like it might have been signed by the folks who built or designed the car. I wonder if that is the special thing for 1st day reservationists.

Anybody recognize any of the names?
One name that seemed pretty clear was "Calvin Chan"

I found this:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvin-chan-8580b657/

"Mechanical Design Engineer at Tesla". He's only been there for 3 months as a FT employee (4 months before that as an intern)

"Chris Lillywhite" has clear handwriting too

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-lillywhite-03999487/

(FYI, Chris sounds like the guy to talk to about panel gaps) :p

"Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering at Tesla"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.