TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
tesla-assembly-line.jpg

Great News! Just received independent confirmation that Tesla is going into factory shutdown for 1 week Feb 18th to tool up for Model 3 production.

NOTE: This does not mean production will start early. They have to have production lines have to be in place to produce production validation cars (beta) and for testing the lines. However it is good news that production timeline is still in place without delays so far.

Last edited:

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
this is awesome news.
Don't we already know that there is certain overlap (like in paint) with the current lines, so this make sense.

Gary Moore

Country
Country
As Carly sang back in '71:

"Anticipation, anticipation...
Is makin' me late...
Is keepin' me waitin' "

Anyone who has ever witnessed an assembly plant transformed for a new vehicle and watched the pilot jobs start their way down the line knows the thrills, chills, and excitement. This is where the ketchup meets the road.

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
Tesla confirms retooling of factory for Model 3 this month, will ‘pause’ Model S/X production for a week

Tesla confirmed in a statement to Electrek today that it plans to “pause” production for a week this month at the Fremont factory in order to install equipment for Model 3 production.

The company doesn’t expect that it will affect its production for the first quarter 2017 since it “added production days to compensate.” more…

Filed under: Uncategorized

Continue reading...

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
And here it is people.

The 'retooling' will likely be to update the S and X to the new 3 equipment. HUD and..... what's everyone else's guess?

It's an awesome camouflage job on the S and X upgrades.

** This is just my opinion. But I think I'm right lol**

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
All I know is that the drooling will commence shortly!

I'm going to have to keep a healthy supply of tissues on hand. This article along with the Reuters article stating preproduction runs of the Model 3 would start in late February are great signs that things are happening very quickly.

Dan

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Reuters is now reporting that pilot production of Model 3 might begin Feb 20th. Just in time for the financial call on the 22nd.

That would bring good news and might push the stock even higher than what we've seen this week. Gonna be a wild ride !!

TE3LA

Country
Country

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
merged in the posts from the Electrek thread, so there may be some odd post ordering to the conversation.
Same comments were made on the latest Talking Tesla podcast (recorded monday) as well.

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
This would also be a good time to move into the new battery cell in the S and X.

Very exciting times! It's finally starting to happen!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This would also be a good time to move into the new battery cell in the S and X.

Very exciting times! It's finally starting to happen!
@Steve C , that could make sense, yet all signs seem to point to the immediate priorities being Model ≡ production launch readiness, so not sure they'll 'touch' MS & MX right now...
But of course, yes!! This bubbling activity is going to keep us awake at night (even more so if across the water...;))
Just like 'Master Yoda' said... :p (of course, ours looks much more amenable... particularly with the cruise tan! :))

Country
Country
If you watch this TV program which is about the model s just before 19:00 minutes it says production line is 2 months away and I would assume similar process for model 3, but hopefully they have improved processes since then. Its an interesting watch which I think Most will have see.

If you watch this TV program which is about the model s just before 19:00 minutes it says production line is 2 months away and I would assume similar process for model 3, but hopefully they have improved processes since then. Its an interesting watch which I think Most will have see.

This vid doesn't get old no matter how many times I play it!!!
Can't wait to see one on Model 3