News from Munich (BMW)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just like @garsh is understandably disappointed by Nissan, I am soooo let down by BMW... but wait, I feel quite good... because there's T≡SLA!! ;)

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What else do you expect from such a ICE-minded company. Engins have always been BMW's biggest focus. So they are dragging their feet.
The same goes for Citroën (part of PSA). The make that used to be my favourite. They haven't evolved their BEV's since the 1990's and don't even sell one hybrid yet.
Is it a coïncidence that BMW use PSA diesel HPi engines? (Yes, that's true!)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Quite a step forward in expected 2017 EV sales for the Munich-based, turbine displaying carmaker! :)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
To my previous post, yet in this case not so soon, another indication that BMW is planning to beef up their EV offering... though I personally don't really care for this inflated i3 design for the likely i5...
The comparison with the much more beautiful vehicle underneath makes that even more blatant... :D

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This one is actually only 'half news' by Steve Loveday... lots of question marks still... plus when? 2020...? 2021...? And taking on T≡SLA?? :rolleyes:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Good for them (BMW) yet I can't help but feel that we're nearing the point where we'll have to very clearly segment true electric vehicles with a minimum acceptable range of more than a couple of hundred miles (a.k.a. BEVs) from the watered-down options that PHEV represent because of their very limited full electric range & marginal mileage gains vs. modern ICE engines...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fixed That For You.

Used when you change somebody's quote to be slightly different, but (arguably, sometimes facetiously) more correct.

Last edited:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
First time I hear about this potential 2019 addition to the BMW range of a 100% BEV: a 4GT with a 70-90 kWh battery pack. 500 kms/310 miles of autonomy (NEDC. certainly..) for a price targeted under €50k (remember, in EU this should be ~20% included...) to be competitive with Model ≡...

Intriguing, no? (sorry the article is in French)

http://www.automobile-propre.com/bmw-serie-4-gt-electrique-contrer-model-3/

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Any of you Model ≡-expecting, i3-owning friends interested, in the interim? ;)