New York EV Rebate

tonymil

Country
Country
I'm in the Albany, New York area and I'm trying to figure out how to get the New York rebate of $2,000. From what I can see, you have to buy from a car dealer/store in New York and it has to be one registered with NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority) which is the agency that operates the rebate program. So that means that I can't go to the Tesla store in Natick, MA which is a shame. But it also seems to mean that even the store in Mount Kisco (Westchester County) is out because that store isn't registered with NYSERDA, only the Manhattan and Brooklyn stores are:

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Prog...ean-Rebate/How-it-Works/Participating-Dealers

If this is true, I'll have to travel to either Brooklyn or Manhattan to get the Model 3 and my very first drive will be through New York City traffic and over New York City bridges to get back home. Not the way I want to go at all. Does anyone know if this has changed and the NYSERDA list is out of date? I sent an email to the Mt. Kisco store but haven't heard back.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing this. I'll be moving to Syracuse in a few months and will likely be picking up my Model 3 shortly thereafter. I had assumed the state rebate would work at the Mt. Kisco location, but apparently not. Hopefully it will be sorted out over the next few months. Also, a service center in Upstate NY would be nice as well!

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Actually, I just clicked on the link you shared and filtered the search with Tesla and the Mt. Kisco location showed up. So, I think we're good!

upload_2018-1-30_22-23-36.png