New Westwood (MA) Showroom; Dedham to Become Service Center

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TMC user ivolodin is reporting that a new Tesla showroom will be opening "shortly" in Westwood, MA, about 2 miles down Providence Highway from Tesla's current location in Dedham. The Dedham location will subsequently become a dedicated Service Center, and (my speculation) remain a Delivery Center.

Last weekend when I was using supercharger in Dedham, I was told by multiple sales associates that Dedham showroom will shortly be moving down the street into Westwood (somewhere around Audi dealership), and Dedham location will become a service center. They also mentioned a possibility of additional superchargers installed in Westwood, but said that initially supercharger team said that's not going to happen, but now re-considering it.
(source)

Given how small the Dedham store's footprint is, any expansion is a welcome sign for the expanding fleet of Boston-area Tesla owners.

Now if only they would open a service / delivery center in the northern 'burbs...

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So southwest gets twice as much Tesla, and north of Boston is still high and dry? I thought there was some rumor of Lynnfield or Peabody

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So southwest gets twice as much Tesla, and north of Boston is still high and dry? I thought there was some rumor of Lynnfield or Peabody
Right? Seems like a no-brainer to me, especially given the lack of NH service and delivery centers. Do they really want NH-bound service rangers sitting in gridlock on 128 twice a day?

Country
Country
I just got my Model 3 two thursdays ago and I had one issue with what appears to be a super-squeaky brake. The issue went away, but the Dedham service folks were "you can still come by if you want". I declined to go all the way to Dedham from Chelmsford. ;)

I'm thinking Burlington area makes a lot of sense for the northeast MA area and northern new england.

Country
Country
There is more of New England beyond 495 you know! o_O
That is technically true! ;)

The big problem is they are building service centers where there's a critical mass of Teslas, and people who are outliers are screwed. The mobile service vehicles are a novel approach to that problem.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am sure this is old news but I just noticed that Tesla now has two new position posted in career section of website working at the new showroom coming to Burlington MA.

Burlington Positions
Hopefully that means they will put in some Superchargers at the Burlington mall as well to compliment the showroom and test drives.