New Wall Tesla Connector not working

Country
Country
Bought a new Tesla wall connector and had it installed yesterday....unfortunately not working but I haven't got my car yet. I have a 60amp sub panel that is feeding the connector. I have power at the connector but the green light does not come on. Checked all of the connections and set the dial to 9 as I have 247 going to the connector. My electrician thinks I might have a defective unit. Just to have everything double checked I called a neighbor who is a licensed electrician to take a look to verify that everything is wired correctly. He checked everything but noticed a faint smell in the connector. He believes I should send the unit back and get another one. I have a service center in my town (lucky me!!) so I'm hoping they have one in their parts department. Anyone else have had similar issues?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bought a new Tesla wall connector and had it installed yesterday....unfortunately not working but I haven't got my car yet. I have a 60amp sub panel that is feeding the connector. I have power at the connector but the green light does not come on. Checked all of the connections and set the dial to 9 as I have 247 going to the connector. My electrician thinks I might have a defective unit. Just to have everything double checked I called a neighbor who is a licensed electrician to take a look to verify that everything is wired correctly. He checked everything but noticed a faint smell in the connector. He believes I should send the unit back and get another one. I have a service center in my town (lucky me!!) so I'm hoping they have one in their parts department. Anyone else have had similar issues?
It might be a bad unit. I had a GE wattstation that burnt up 2 weeks after the 3 year warranty. Just stopped charging but when I got close you could smell it was burnt. Smells=not good

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is a test mode, and it’s the best-documented section in the installation manual. Be sure to give that a go before buttoning everything up with the next panel.