New v10.2 feature: Voice Commands (rebuilt: natural language)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone else having an issue with texting "freezing" the infotainment volume? A few times a day when I'm texting, and go back to playing the infotainment, the volume of my programming is frozen. The volume bar will move in response to the slider or the scroll wheel, but nothing will change volume wise. Sometimes it goes away, and I don't know how. Sometimes switching sources will unfreeze it. But a few times I've had to do a rolling reboot to get it to become responsive again.

Super annoying.
yes, a couple times and seems to resolve itself, and caused by previous voice commands.
IE yesterday (pretty typical leaving home am routine) noticed maybe the way to get out of being stuck...
1. left home playing audio over BT
2. a block away used 'hey siri' to record water (using a siri shortcut, me: 'hey siri, log water', siri: 'ok, how much water have you drank?', me: '26', siri: acknowledgment ding)
3. another few blocks away went to raise volume and it was stuck
4. pressed right button, planning to send bug report, and it dinged as if still in the previous listening mode - even though voice command card was not showing, phone's audio had resumed and the phone was not showing it was still waiting for a voice command
5. was then able to change volume

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone else having an issue with texting "freezing" the infotainment volume? A few times a day when I'm texting, and go back to playing the infotainment, the volume of my programming is frozen. The volume bar will move in response to the slider or the scroll wheel, but nothing will change volume wise. Sometimes it goes away, and I don't know how. Sometimes switching sources will unfreeze it. But a few times I've had to do a rolling reboot to get it to become responsive again.

Super annoying.
my volume froze but after 10-15 minutes came back. wasn't texting so I am not sure what caused the issue.

JeanDeBarraux

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does anybody use voice commands in french? Do they work at all?
If voice recognition is the same in France vs. Canada (the responses a have slightly noticeable Québécois sound to them in France), then almost none of the commands work, including the ones that used to work before... Even basic commands like "Go home" (in French) result in a "Navigate to Unknown" pop up and no routing at all. Voice control clearly recognizes the words, but not the commands. The only one that works is to open the glove box.

Our voice command only works about half the time. There are multiple times when we initiate the microphone, but it doesn't seem to register that we are giving a command. It just sits there and/or gives us suggestions of things we can tell it to do. Anyone else?
Usually, after 1 or 2 trials, the green microphone comes on and doesn't react to any command I give it. When that happens, voice control no longer works until I exit the car and come back into it.

Haven't seen a French list (yet).
I'm not sure if there is much of a point to these lists; I think the idea is for the list to automatically expand (using AI) with time. Unrecognized commands will be tagged for future additions. But when I'm able to get anything working other than opening the glove box, I'll be sure to create one...

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Super annoying.
No problems to report here on 2019.40.50.7