New v10.2 feature: Save Clips on Honk

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In v10.2 Tesla added the ability to Save Dashcam Clips on Honk as a configurable option. This first appeared in the release notes for 2019.40.50 (official thread and discussion thread).

I went ahead and put together a walkthrough of the functionality in action as well as my thoughts on the capability here:

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't watch the vid while at work - the only thing I want is the files to be annotated with what caused the recording - motion/sentry, honk, screen button press, airbag, etc...would make it much faster to sort through the swaths of videos when I'm looking for something specific.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't watch the vid while at work - the only thing I want is the files to be annotated with what caused the recording - motion/sentry, honk, screen button press, airbag, etc...would make it much faster to sort through the swaths of videos when I'm looking for something specific.
manually saved files already are separate from Sentry (and how often does your airbag go off?!)

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
manually saved files already are separate from Sentry (and how often does your airbag go off?!)
Another folder yes, but it saves more files before and after the actual button press. eventxxx button 1 of 5 wouldn't be hard to attach to the end of the filename.

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Only five seconds? How about 1+ minutes before and several minutes after? You know, the important stuff to have as "evidence"?

And it would be nice to have a date/time stamp. And GPS location. Otherwise they're all just random video clips from anywhere at anytime.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Only five seconds? How about 1+ minutes before and several minutes after? You know, the important stuff to have as "evidence"?

And it would be nice to have a date/time stamp. And GPS location. Otherwise they're all just random video clips from anywhere at anytime.
The before part remains the same (10 minutes), but it’s the after part that is weak at 5 seconds. Of course if events continue to occur you could always manually trigger a save again as well.