new towels for the new car

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided to get some new microfiber towels before the car arrives, so it can start out with all new things :)

img_9941-jpg.10259

from The Rag Company:
5 Eagle Edgeless 500 - intending to use the eagles for washing
5 Platinum Pluffle - intending to use the fluffles for drying.
These each are ridiculously squishy & soft that doesn't really translate thru a photo, but imaging will be like washing/drying your car with an angora bunny (minus the claws, teeth and poop).
Black Creature Edgeless - for wheels & tires
Purple Minx Royal that I think I'll assign as wheel/tire drying
Red Eagle Edgeless 500 - for the interior
Premium Waffle weave and the Premium Glass towel for the glass
Lens cloth in both their knit and suede material to try out as a screen cleaner to keep in the car.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also 'need' something to keep in the trunk with a detailer spray for on-the-road quick cleanups - maybe that is what the purple one will be, or will put in another order :tongueclosed:

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I went from exactly zero microfibre towels to having a 40-pack from home depot.
The car has 5 inside the cabin, one in the frunk and one in the trunk.
I'm upset with myself for turning into a smudge freak :oops:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice. I've bought a few from auto geek when buying some products and have a 36 pack that came from Costco. They aren't super plush, but nice and soft. What I didn't know is if you could wash and reuse. A quick search this morning found that auto geek and chemical guys, along with others I'm sure have a detergent just for the MF towels. The key from both sites is to dry on a very low heat or no heat to keep from frying the fibers. And never any fabric softener of any kind. It may get a bit tedious but they also say not to wash the different kinds together, ie those you use on wheels with a cleaner product, vs those you might just use with some with a light detailer spray to wipe off the paint.

I'll have to check this place out though, looks like a very nice selection.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice. I've bought a few from auto geek when buying some products and have a 36 pack that came from Costco. They aren't super plush, but nice and soft. What I didn't know is if you could wash and reuse. A quick search this morning found that auto geek and chemical guys, along with others I'm sure have a detergent just for the MF towels. The key from both sites is to dry on a very low heat or no heat to keep from frying the fibers. And never any fabric softener of any kind. It may get a bit tedious but they also say not to wash the different kinds together, ie those you use on wheels with a cleaner product, vs those you might just use with some with a light detailer spray to wipe off the paint.

Auto Geek has always had a great selection. They used to have an amazing retail store called The Driver’s Seat but the partners split and one took the online portion (Auto Geek) and the other kept the stores, which eventually closed. I hope I have my facts straight there.

Anyway Auto Geek’s distribution center (not sure if it’s open to the public) is a bit north of us on our way to Orlando/Disney.

Long winded way of saying if I wasn’t all in on OPTs products, I would likely buy exclusively from Auto Geek.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 - I've got to go back and read about your OPT products you use. I had already chosen a coating a few months back and bought before getting too detailed on these forums. I've got to decide exactly what I do for daily cleaning other than a little detailer finishing and MF cloth. I did buy a couple of different MF cloths from Autogeek but didn't remember how big their selection was. They had great videos about Gyeon though and carried the product that was highly recommended. I don't know the difference, but it is a quartz and not a ceramic, but have no idea the difference, figure the experts will claim the do the same thing in some different way.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 - I've got to go back and read about your OPT products you use. I had already chosen a coating a few months back and bought before getting too detailed on these forums. I've got to decide exactly what I do for daily cleaning other than a little detailer finishing and MF cloth. I did buy a couple of different MF cloths from Autogeek but didn't remember how big their selection was. They had great videos about Gyeon though and carried the product that was highly recommended. I don't know the difference, but it is a quartz and not a ceramic, but have no idea the difference, figure the experts will claim the do the same thing in some different way.
I was turned on to OPT starting with the No Rinse wash, but the overall line for being generally environmentally friendly. I must admit I am not the most green person around, but it felt right with getting a Tesla ;)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

you do not need a specific microfiber detergent, but any mild liquid detergent will be fine. all the better if non-scented, no dye. one suggestion I had seen to deal with dirty towels was to add some diluted ONR and vinegar along with the detergent to really loosen up any grime - and yes, keeping them separated is best to keep from getting heavily soiled towels contaminating the lightly used ones. and don't subject to heat - the fibers will melt at 140F.