New Tesla owner in San Diego

Reflex

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just took delivery yesterday of my new M3MR.
It's my 23rd car in 38 years of driving.
Despite my anxiety around build quality, the car looks pretty tight. The front bumper paint color is a bit off in one area, but I can live with it!
It's all about the drive; the M3 reminds me most of our 2003 BMW 325i Sport Package.

20190120@163515-2.jpg

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to the M3OC family and to the Model 3. It is a great car. I hope it serves you well and you have fun driving it. Very nice pic, but will say it kind of masks the color, but that must be white correct? I know Silver isn't being built any more.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to the M3OC family and to the Model 3. It is a great car. I hope it serves you well and you have fun driving it. Very nice pic, but will say it kind of masks the color, but that must be white correct? I know Silver isn't being built any more.
Sure looks silver to me???

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats - you may really have a unicorn. I didn't think there were any Silvers left anywhere and I'm not tracking the dates, but I wasn't sure there were ever any MR Silvers made, I was thinking Silver had been discontinued before the MR was introduced.

Very nice either way - welcome to the family and you likely have a fairly unique combination - MR Silver.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats - you may really have a unicorn. I didn't think there were any Silvers left anywhere and I'm not tracking the dates, but I wasn't sure there were ever any MR Silvers made, I was thinking Silver had been discontinued before the MR was introduced.

Very nice either way - welcome to the family and you likely have a fairly unique combination - MR Silver.
Is it possible that silver is back in the line-up?

Reflex

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Thanks! They told me this car was one of the last of the silver ones made. I don't know how to find out the build date -- do you know where I would find that?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They did talk about Obsidian Black and Silver would be available for a while. They maybe made a special run or two of them. That date you find in the door jamb is supposed to be correct. If and when you have some interaction with the Service Center ask them the build date. The exact date it was built will be available in their system.

Reflex

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They did talk about Obsidian Black and Silver would be available for a while. They maybe made a special run or two of them. That date you find in the door jamb is supposed to be correct. If and when you have some interaction with the Service Center ask them the build date. The exact date it was built will be available in their system.
Will do! Thanks.