New Seats?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
After driving for a few days with the modified side bolsters the difference for me is exactly what I needed. The seats are now very comfortable. I'm not really a floor mat guy anyway so putting the money toward more comfortable seats was worth it.
I took delivery of my Model 3 last week and hBe the same complaint. What did you do to change the bolsters?

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I took delivery of my Model 3 last week and have the same complaint. What did you do to change the bolsters?
I replaced the foam in the bolsters with a softer foam. That way the seats still look the same but don't press on my hips the way the harder foam did. It wasn't a cheap fix but it was worth it for the amount of time I'm in the car. I took it to a local place that does car and boat upholstery, Kastelic Canvas. I spoke with the owner and it turns out he's a Tesla fan having worked on some Model X's. That and the reviews of their work sold me. http://www.kasteliccanvas.com/

Country
Country
I replaced the foam in the bolsters with a softer foam. That way the seats still look the same but don't press on my hips the way the harder foam did. It wasn't a cheap fix but it was worth it for the amount of time I'm in the car. I took it to a local place that does car and boat upholstery, Kastelic Canvas. I spoke with the owner and it turns out he's a Tesla fan having worked on some Model X's. That and the reviews of their work sold me. http://www.kasteliccanvas.com/
Thanks. I may find out who T Sportline uses in my area for custom upholstery in the Tesla Model 3. Or I may wait until I get used to it.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
EVANNEX is looking for a Model 3 owner with Gen 2 seats to do a Seat Covers measurement and test fit appointment in Orange County California. You’ll receive a free set of Custom Seat Covers for your time or if you are not interested in seat covers we would offer you a $250 EVANNEX Gift Card. If you are interested in doing the fitment appointments, email info@evannex.com and we’ll link you up with our Seat Covers manufacturer in Costa Mesa, CA. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Jhaze

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
EVANNEX is looking for a Model 3 owner with Gen 2 seats to do a Seat Covers measurement and test fit appointment in Orange County California. You’ll receive a free set of Custom Seat Covers for your time or if you are not interested in seat covers we would offer you a $250 EVANNEX Gift Card. If you are interested in doing the fitment appointments, email info@evannex.com and we’ll link you up with our Seat Covers manufacturer in Costa Mesa, CA. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
I have a Model 3 with Gen 2 seats. If you still need a model let me know. I’m in the desert area but can head your way.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
This is my issue too. I have wider hips and shoulders 5'7" and the side bolsters are just too narrow for me and really dig into my hips making it an uncomfortable ride. I know it's probably not typical for the masses but for all the things I LOVE about this car, the comfort is killing me.

Wonder if I can find someone in NJ to do something similar. What was the cost. I was even thinking about getting completely new seats. I'm open to any reasonable suggestions.

Jay Jay

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have driven for extended periods with the gen2 seats and I loved them. I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs athletic build. They were very, very comfy. Those back seats are much better than gen1 as well.

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is my issue too. I have wider hips and shoulders 5'7" and the side bolsters are just too narrow for me and really dig into my hips making it an uncomfortable ride. I know it's probably not typical for the masses but for all the things I LOVE about this car, the comfort is killing me.

Wonder if I can find someone in NJ to do something similar. What was the cost. I was even thinking about getting completely new seats. I'm open to any reasonable suggestions.
I don't remember the exact cost but I think around $200