New Seats?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Apparently they are wider too and T-sportline's custom seat covers don't fit anymore. That is what LikeTesla posted in a video. So if you bought your seat covers in advance there is a high probability they won't fit.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the new seats and can say without a doubt they are much, much better than the old ones. Why? Mainly because it's makes me feel special and greatly increases the resale value. Oh, wait, I'll never sell my car.....okay, maybe the old ones are much much better! LOL. Looks like a minor difference but mine are the newer ones. Next time I run across an older 3 we'll have to compare.

(edit....just realized I used the phrase "older 3" for a car that isn't even a year into production, remind me again, what other car company improves things on the fly?....just sayin)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Apparently they are wider too and T-sportline's custom seat covers don't fit anymore. That is what LikeTesla posted in a video. So if you bought your seat covers in advance there is a high probability they won't fit.
Here is the vid for those who haven’t caught up with it...

Damn late early VIN ... no alcantara and “old” seats for the loss :D
Yeah... yet who’s already got 100 days of sheer bliss and still counting?! :D

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have VIN 18XXX and have Gen 2 seats but as we know VIN may not be the best indicator. Mine came off of the assembly line on April 10, so this change was made some time before that.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine is 175xx. Where can I find the mfg date?
When I took delivery I asked the person doing the paper work if she could tell me the exact date (not just month/Year) the car was built.

She told me that Tesla uses Salesforce.com for contact management and the date the vehicle departs the assembly line is always recorded. You would have to ask a Tesla employee who has access to their salesforce system.