New Portland Service & Delivery Center

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Construction began last fall and based on the city's permitting site, there are just a few remaining inspections, so would expect they should be done within the next month +/-

Trail Runner

Hopefully this will be the location that i test drive a model 3 and later pick up my model 3. It's only 72 miles from home. I used to work at Old Spaghetti Factory when I was much younger right around the corner. There are several high end car stores on this section of road with affluent communities here and east of the store. I also have been fortunate enough to test drive a loaded Model S at the other store in Oregon.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I drove down to the site last fall and wish there was access from the OSF... Tesla's own driveway is a killer off Macadam with a very steep drop that starts at edge of Macadam (that photos and Streetview do not do it justice). I ended up going down the next street to the south (Hamilton) and it was steep too, but at least the slope started a cars length off Macadam so you had some visibility To turn back onto Macadam, so hope they plan to add an access from that side of the site where there is an abandoned driveway connection. Tesla's driveway I would never drive my 5-speed transmission car down unless I planned to abandon it there...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, cool. I'm gonna go check that out. I was just there last week and it looked dead in there.
when you went down there, is the only access still just their driveway off Macadam, or have they connected to Moody at the SW corner of their site? (because I can not subject my clutch to their driveway :( )
screen-shot-2017-05-24-at-9-25-51-pm-png.1490

Country
Country
when you went down there, is the only access still just their driveway off Macadam, or have they connected to Moody at the SW corner of their site? (because I can not subject my clutch to their driveway :( )
View attachment 1490
While I was there I accessed it straight off of Macadam. That's the only way I saw to get in there. Parked in the weeds in front to the left of the entrance and walked around the building. It is steep..

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm going to be in town for the second half of August (starting with the eclipse, of course -- awww yee-yuh, bucket-list item!), and I'd love to pay a visit to this new facility. I wonder what the odds are that they will have received their test-drive Model 3 by then?!

(Heck, my parents are west-coast Tesla owners who are now leaning toward a maximum-battery RWD, which reportedly will be produced first... maybe I won't even have to venture farther than their garage!)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm going to be in town for the second half of August (starting with the eclipse, of course -- awww yee-yuh, bucket-list item!), and I'd love to pay a visit to this new facility. I wonder what the odds are that they will have received their test-drive Model 3 by then?!

(Heck, my parents are west-coast Tesla owners who are now leaning toward a maximum-battery RWD, which reportedly will be produced first... maybe I won't even have to venture farther than their garage!)
I would expect demo cars probably would not be available until early fall, but I'd love to see them this summer! and same with deliveries. Even with your parents being current tesla owners, I don't think there will be any Model 3s in Portland until later in the year.

If you want a weather guarantee, August is certainly the best time to visit Portland :)