NEW: Plano Service Center (Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex)

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good morning all!

Just found out from the Dallas SC that the Plano SC will be opened on May 17, 2018! I am super excited since I am about 12 minutes from there. Since I have a few due bill items from delivery of my Model 3, I will be taking it there for service after May 17th. They said that scheduling should be opening soon for the Plano location but not just yet.

They don't have an address to share but I believe it will be in a building north of Classic BMW (see below).

Again, I am super excited to have a service center so close to home. :D:D:D

upload_2018-5-1_10-43-46-png.8054

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info - it's been hard to believe that they were still trying to work out of a single SC for all of DFW. I live about halfway between the two, but my corporate office is right where you show (the old EDS campus) and my client is down my Love Field - so I guess I get my choice, but both will be convenient to daytime work locations. I figure a 3rd should be on their map for the FW area as well, but maybe demand just isn't there.

That location is a hot bed for all of the upper end car dealerships and eating/shopping places.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info - it's been hard to believe that they were still trying to work out of a single SC for all of DFW. I live about halfway between the two, but my corporate office is right where you show (the old EDS campus) and my client is down my Love Field - so I guess I get my choice, but both will be convenient to daytime work locations. I figure a 3rd should be on their map for the FW area as well, but maybe demand just isn't there.

That location is a hot bed for all of the upper end car dealerships and eating/shopping places.
Agreed! They need one more SC for the Ft Worth owners. I recalled one of the service guys mentioned that Plano/Frisco/Allen/McKinney suburbs have a very high concentration of Tesla owners - I think he said second to Dallas.

KGTES

Country
Country
Good morning all!

Just found out from the Dallas SC that the Plano SC will be opened on May 17, 2018! I am super excited since I am about 12 minutes from there. Since I have a few due bill items from delivery of my Model 3, I will be taking it there for service after May 17th. They said that scheduling should be opening soon for the Plano location but not just yet.

They don't have an address to share but I believe it will be in a building north of Classic BMW (see below).

Again, I am super excited to have a service center so close to home. :D:D:D

View attachment 8054
@Quicksilver
That is excellent news! Maybe my delivery will be @Plano SC? Definitely much closer to me than Dallas SC.

Here is the supposed address: 5800 Democracy Dr. It is basically the East side of the Success Partners building (the big squarish rooftop section of the Success Partners building you see on your photo)

I drove right into their parking lot and took a full circle around, saw a few doors (like bays) and people inside were sweeping the floors, seemed like they were almost done with the interiors.

KGTES

Country
Country
Nice! Is there an option to choose your Service center for delivery? I think I read somewhere you can request your DS.
This is assuming they will use the service center for deliveries as well.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Quicksilver
That is excellent news! Maybe my delivery will be @Plano SC? Definitely much closer to me than Dallas SC.

Here is the supposed address: 5800 Democracy Dr. It is basically the East side of the Success Partners building (the big squarish rooftop section of the Success Partners building you see on your photo)

I drove right into their parking lot and took a full circle around, saw a few doors (like bays) and people inside were sweeping the floors, seemed like they were almost done with the interiors.
Very cool on your reconnaissance! I am looking forward to it opening.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice! Is there an option to choose your Service center for delivery? I think I read somewhere you can request your DS.
I would think yes, unless they want to consolidate deliveries only at Dallas.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is great! Even though I work right by the love field location, this will be allot more convenient for me. But I wish they woulda put it on 35 in Lewisville :D

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went by today - the ITCU- In Touch Credit Union is in the next block. The "Service" was in big letters above the door. Building painted bright white. Lots of activity inside, but as noted in another thread, no appointments there yet.

Country
Country
You are not far behind in getting your VIN. I had a tradein and was not expecting to get a vin anytime soon, but was surprised when I got it 2 days ago. Now scambling to get the tradein and loan paper works done and getting the charging infrastructure setup.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You are not far behind in getting your VIN. I had a tradein and was not expecting to get a vin anytime soon, but was surprised when I got it 2 days ago. Now scambling to get the tradein and loan paper works done and getting the charging infrastructure setup.
Congrats on the VIN. They are doing a nice job it seems of getting through the backlog of the aero wheels now, they got way behind. Figure the 19's will catch up next week or the week after. You configured 10 days before I did so best of luck, hope delivery is quick now.

KGTES

Country
Country
Thanks @ExcitedMan and Congrats! Let us know if they allow you to choose Plano as SC for delivery, am curious.
And, nice signature..;)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes! So glad to see we are getting more Tesla’s in Texas. And electric cars in general.

TheHambledon

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I went by today - the ITCU- In Touch Credit Union is in the next block. The "Service" was in big letters above the door. Building painted bright white. Lots of activity inside, but as noted in another thread, no appointments there yet.
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Plano SC is open yet? I have a hypothesis that its opening will coincide with a giant batch of Texas VINs and deliveries.

Ok maybe it’s less of a hypothesis and more of an unsubstantiated hope!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Plano SC is open yet? I have a hypothesis that its opening will coincide with a giant batch of Texas VINs and deliveries.

Ok maybe it’s less of a hypothesis and more of an unsubstantiated hope!
There was rumor it was yesterday, but per a post on the Facebook page someone had stopped and they were told it would be open Monday. They had let the guy take some pictures and it was very cool inside, loved it. Very white and bright, very open. Going to be nice. I want to go there, but I work right by the old one, so it will be a toss up - if indeed I get a car some day. They were posted to the "North Texas Tesla Owners Group" page.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There was rumor it was yesterday, but per a post on the Facebook page someone had stopped and they were told it would be open Monday. They had let the guy take some pictures and it was very cool inside, loved it. Very white and bright, very open. Going to be nice. I want to go there, but I work right by the old one, so it will be a toss up - if indeed I get a car some day. They were posted to the "North Texas Tesla Owners Group" page.
I may check it out by mid next week. I'll post pics if I take some.