New Owners list of suggestions/solutions

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@PTFI, @RiggerJon and others as cars begin to be delivered, use this thread to compile suggestions to follow-up with Tesla on at your next service appointment, follow-up with sales or report as a bug report from inside the car (S/X protocol is to press voice button, say "bug report" followed by a short message and it will send the comment to tech support with some information about your car's current state).

remember, these should be suggesting to improvements, not specifically items currently missing from the initial UI build (Wifi, FM, BT Audio, etc - those will be coming)

• Adjusting (shortening) Low Energy Bluetooth range for better security, less likelihood of vehicle being unlocked while parked within range of BT
  • Allow GPS setting to keep car unlocked (IE in personal home garage) similar to geo-fenced SAS settings

Last edited:

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
(S/X protocol is to press voice button, say "bug report" followed by a short message and it will send the comment to tech support with some information about your car's current state).
IIRC Isn't the microphone icon grayed out on both of their cars? :anguished:
*Taps microphone* "Bug Report"
"..."
"Hello?"

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tracks thread...

We have a bunch already though:
  1. No radio EQ
  2. No controls for rear heated seats
  3. No WiFI
  4. No Homelink
  5. No EAP
  6. No Bluetooth Audio

mkg3

Country
Country
Tracks thread...

We have a bunch already though:
  1. No radio EQ
  2. No controls for rear heated seats
  3. No WiFI
  4. No Homelink
  5. No EAP
  6. No Bluetooth Audio
1 - easily cured by sw update so maybe one of these days...
2 - there's no heated rear seats right? So are you saying you want heated rear seats with controls? If S and X doesn't have it, why would 3? Its an entry level car.
3 - your docked smartphone is the hotspot in the car so why be redundant?
4 - is this true? Big missing item if it doesn't have one or equivalent thereof
5 - you pay, and it will come....
6 - is this true? is there USB/AUX alternative?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
When the verbal bug report becomes available, it's convenient and sends Tesla some vital info like a screenshot and UI ver but Tesla never gets back to you.

Once you are an owner, your My Tesla page gives you a support inquiry window with a dropdown to automatically escalate to an executive. I always get a response to this but it takes a few days and most of the time the response seems generic.

screenshot_20170926-110637-png.3518

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1 - easily cured by sw update so maybe one of these days...
2 - there's no heated rear seats right? So are you saying you want heated rear seats with controls? If S and X doesn't have it, why would 3? Its an entry level car.
3 - your docked smartphone is the hotspot in the car so why be redundant?
4 - is this true? Big missing item if it doesn't have one or equivalent thereof
5 - you pay, and it will come....
6 - is this true? is there USB/AUX alternative?
No no... my list are all things we expect to have but are missing from the UI.

Not meant to mean these features are all missing.

The car definitely has WiFi not just LTE. The car should have rear heated seats (it was implied in the PUP) so it’s likely just UI control missing, I can’t see it not having a radio EQ so again should come in a software update, homelink was listed as a feature of PUP so another for the update, and finally our early owners have reported that EAP cannot be activated so another software update.

Sorry for the confusion there.

Last edited:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Elon has tweeted that a future update will allow drivers to carry their profiles/settings with them between cars. This presumably will include radio presets, driver seat positions, phone contacts, Bluetooth pairings, maybe homelink settings, etc.

Wouldn't it also be awesome if you could "carry" your autopilot/FSD with you? For example, lets say I'm travelling and I rent a Model 3 at the airport. The car rental company may not have paid for AP but because my car at home has AP, it will activate and I would have all the features that I'm used to just like my radio settings and seat settings plus be able to use AP.

Rusty

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Suggested improvement: allow GPS setting similar to air suspension for locations that owner wants the car to stay unlocked (I.e. Garage). This will keep the car from locking/unlocking everytime you walk by the garage.

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Suggested improvement: allow GPS setting similar to air suspension for locations that owner wants the car to stay unlocked (I.e. Garage). This will keep the car from locking/unlocking everytime you walk by the garage.
This could cause an issue when you occasionally park the car in the driveway and forget to turn the feature off. The GPS won't be able to tell the difference from the garage and the driveway.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This could cause an issue when you occasionally park the car in the driveway and forget to turn the feature off. The GPS won't be able to tell the difference from the garage and the driveway.
Agreed. But the feature could be to "leave the car in whatever explicit state I give it when parked near home". Just like every other car. :)

Country
Country
Agreed. But the feature could be to "leave the car in whatever explicit state I give it when parked near home". Just like every other car. :)
We should really push for this feature. Not because I working from home above by garage :D, but because I'm sure a lot of people have their garage close to an internal room in their house.

Beagle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our car nav. was set for "Avoid Toll Roads" when we got it. It found some wonderful ways to get around the SF Bay without toll bridges, but I didn't want to go the long way. I would like to suggest that the delivery people not only turn that "switch" off, but show us how it is done. I spent over an hour trying to find how to turn that function off, and eventually had to call Tech Support.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Our car nav. was set for "Avoid Toll Roads" when we got it. It found some wonderful ways to get around the SF Bay without toll bridges, but I didn't want to go the long way. I would like to suggest that the delivery people not only turn that "switch" off, but show us how it is done. I spent over an hour trying to find how to turn that function off, and eventually had to call Tech Support.
......and can you give us the executive summary of how to do it please? Thanks.