New order question

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

rlb4

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am thinking about putting a deposit down for the Model 3. The new delivery updates state that a new reservation today for a LR battery and RWD will be delivered in 4-6 mo. And the LR w/ AWD would be 6-9 mo. I would prefer AWD but would much rather have the $7500 tax credit. It seems like for a new reservation there is almost no chance for a LR w/ AWD to be delivered before the full tax credit expires(I'm assuming 12/31/2018). So am I reading it correctly that if I place my reservation today for a LR w/ RWD I should receive delivery before 12/31/2018(and get the full $7500 tax credit)? Also, does this version require the Premium pkg? Thanks.

Corey

Country
Country
I am thinking about putting a deposit down for the Model 3. The new delivery updates state that a new reservation today for a LR battery and RWD will be delivered in 4-6 mo. And the LR w/ AWD would be 6-9 mo. I would prefer AWD but would much rather have the $7500 tax credit. It seems like for a new reservation there is almost no chance for a LR w/ AWD to be delivered before the full tax credit expires(I'm assuming 12/31/2018). So am I reading it correctly that if I place my reservation today for a LR w/ RWD I should receive delivery before 12/31/2018(and get the full $7500 tax credit)? Also, does this version require the Premium pkg? Thanks.
Thats what Tesla will lead you to believe...... that you would get it by the end of the year. However, I would be very very very very surprised if they can actually meet that goal. I give it less than 5% chance. Just my opinion. and yes at the moment you have to get the premium upgrade package with the first run...That could change though.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For a $1000 refundable deposit, you can try it with no downside. But when you're actually invited to configure, you'll have to re-evaluate the situation. Tesla has a hard time sticking to announced schedules.

mdfraz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was a late reservation (August, 2017) and I’ll be shocked if I get my LR RWD prior to the end of this year. Tesla says new reservations might be fulfilled by end of 2018 but I cannot fathom that’s possible, especially with their history of way over promising. If it is, great, and I’ll be happy to have my car in the next 7 months but I’m not holding my breath. I’d suggest you expect early 2019 at the earliest for ANY version if you’re just now putting down a reservation.

Teslar

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
At some point their estimates will get closer to reality. unless its a calculated risk they are taking to keep the stock price up I would think they can deliver what they are promising here.

cars are a necessity for most folks, so if somebody wants a new car for any reason they will cancel and get one from the dealer. also the initial reservations had many folks who wanted to make a quick buck selling their spot. since there is abundance of those on local craigslist now they are cancelling as they never intended to buy one.

as the above posts suggest setting aside a refundable 1k is always a good option.

Runt8

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I was a late reservation (August, 2017) and I’ll be shocked if I get my LR RWD prior to the end of this year. Tesla says new reservations might be fulfilled by end of 2018 but I cannot fathom that’s possible, especially with their history of way over promising. If it is, great, and I’ll be happy to have my car in the next 7 months but I’m not holding my breath. I’d suggest you expect early 2019 at the earliest for ANY version if you’re just now putting down a reservation.
What dates does the Tesla delivery estimator give you? I was also a fairly late reservation (May 2017) and my estimate has been July-September for several months now.

mdfraz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What dates does the Tesla delivery estimator give you? I was also a fairly late reservation (May 2017) and my estimate has been July-September for several months now.
I've never seen anything on the Tesla site/my account other than "late 2018". I'm still dubious that that happens, and I expect first quarter of 2019 probably. What I'd really like is the LR battery with the option to not upgrade to the premium package. No idea if/when I would have that option available.

Country
Country
I placed my reservation last saturday (May 19th) before the official release of the AWD option. The estimator says late 2018 on mine as well but I’m not keeping my hopes up. I’ll get the car when I get it and I’m looking forward to it!!!!!