New Model 3 owner (barely used, I should say) !

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello all!

My name is Marc and I just went to San Jose and picked up a Red Model 3 with 5000 miles. The car looks new (obviously). The previous owner is a Tesla employee and got his (Vin # 89) back in September. He and his wife decided they wanted a Model X (mainly his wife) and since they can get great deals on used ones (that only employees get), he decided to go that route and I just happen to have perfect timing and contacted him first and we hit it off.

I love Tesla and have for awhile but I am still fair new to the EV market. I am leasing a Chevy Bolt (which is a great car but certainly not near as nice as the 3) and we also are leasing a Fiat 500e. We thought we would have to get put on the waiting list and have to wait a year or year and a half in order to get a Model 3 so we feel SOOOOO incredibly blessed that we ran across this one and it is PERFECT.

I cannot say enough about this car. To me, it is perfect in every way.... well, other than the wood grain dash that I want to get vinyl wrapped.

The previous owner also had the Aero Wheel vinyl wrapped in red. I am not a huge fan and neither is my wife but we took the Aero's off and the wheels underneath look GREAT! I just need to figure out a way to protect the lugs, they are pretty exposed without the Aero caps on them. Suggestions anyone?

So I will be around a lot, I love these types of forums and learning through them! Here are a few pics:

vin-jpg.4763
00m0m_1dni5ea8x3w_600x450-jpg.4764
model-3-jpg.4765
model-3_1-png.4766

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello all!

My name is Marc and I just went to San Jose and picked up a Red Model 3 with 5000 miles. The car looks new (obviously). The previous owner is a Tesla employee and got his (Vin # 89) back in September. He and his wife decided they wanted a Model X (mainly his wife) and since they can get great deals on used ones (that only employees get), he decided to go that route and I just happen to have perfect timing and contacted him first and we hit it off.

I love Tesla and have for awhile but I am still fair new to the EV market. I am leasing a Chevy Bolt (which is a great car but certainly not near as nice as the 3) and we also are leasing a Fiat 500e. We thought we would have to get put on the waiting list and have to wait a year or year and a half in order to get a Model 3 so we feel SOOOOO incredibly blessed that we ran across this one and it is PERFECT.

I cannot say enough about this car. To me, it is perfect in every way.... well, other than the wood grain dash that I want to get vinyl wrapped.

The previous owner also had the Aero Wheel vinyl wrapped in red. I am not a huge fan and neither is my wife but we took the Aero's off and the wheels underneath look GREAT! I just need to figure out a way to protect the lugs, they are pretty exposed without the Aero caps on them. Suggestions anyone?

So I will be around a lot, I love these types of forums and learning through them! Here are a few pics:

View attachment 4763 View attachment 4764 View attachment 4765 View attachment 4766
Congrats, she's a beaut. Same color combo I'm going with. Red with the 18's minus the covers. So glad I was able to see the photo. I will likely do a chrome delete and tint the windows as well for the black on red look.

I saw somewhere that you can get the lug covers from Tesla parts.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Hello all!

View attachment 4763 View attachment 4764 View attachment 4765 View attachment 4766
She’s gorgeous. You got a great deal for her!

Tesla sells lug covers or you can get these off eBay for $50/set.
918fd800-93df-4f3a-9361-da42e144232d-jpeg.4767

Plus you can get these center caps with red logos to match!

09b19f80-8681-4acf-a381-cbd66b557ae2-jpeg.4768

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats and welcome to the forums.

Besides the wrapped Aero covers (not a big fan of the covers AND that wrap - what were they thinking!!), was there any other modifications done?

I'm considering doing a carbon fiber wrap on the wood trim and the center console, have to convince the missus first tho ... which may take longer than the wait for the car :rolleyes:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I like those center caps with the red logo! Would I get those from Tesla or an after market company?
Tesla has center caps that are silver with silver logo or black with white logo. Maybe more. I don’t see it for sale on their website but you can definitely inquire at the service center. Otherwise you can find a bunch like what I posted before on eBay. There’s so many cool things for Teslas already because the MS has been around for more than 5 years. One of the M3OC sponsors like Evannex would be a fun place to visit and they will be the first to come out with Tesla specific stuff.

Personally, I am thinking about the LED lighted T for my trunk but I figure with install it may set me back $400-$500!
7cc9c8eb-be97-4655-9ff0-1471b488f409-png.4775

A cheaper add on I could do myself would be to change the puddle lights on my doors to Logo lights.
a713d20d-4202-4810-9018-c684c2d99b1f-jpeg.4774

Or you can buy an Elon air freshener... but the scent will be delayed for 6 months.;)
28b6cc28-be14-4938-ad14-49161cc2ea2c-jpeg.4776

Attachments

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla has center caps that are silver with silver logo or black with white logo. Maybe more. I don’t see it for sale on their website but you can definitely inquire at the service center. Otherwise you can find a bunch like what I posted before on eBay. There’s so many cool things for Teslas already because the MS has been around for more than 5 years. One of the M3OC sponsors like Evannex would be a fun place to visit and they will be the first to come out with Tesla specific stuff.

Personally, I am thinking about the LED lighted T for my trunk but I figure with install it may set me back $400-$500!
View attachment 4775
A cheaper add on I could do myself would be to change the mud lights on my doors to Logo lights.
View attachment 4774
Or you can buy an Elon air freshener... but the scent will be delayed for 6 months.;) View attachment 4776
I regret I can only grant you a “funny” ...as that Elon Musk air freshener was HILARIOUS!!!

Country
Country

View attachment 4775
A cheaper add on I could do myself would be to change the puddle lights on my doors to Logo lights.
View attachment 4774
Or you can buy an Elon air freshener... but the scent will be delayed for 6 months.;) View attachment 4776
Where can one acquire an Elon air freshener? Asking... for a friend...

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A cheaper add on I could do myself would be to change the puddle lights on my doors to Logo lights. View attachment 4776
Brokedoc...where did you find the puddle lights option? I am definitely going to get those...unless they are outrageously priced. I checked Evannex but didn't see it there. Thanks!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Brokedoc...where did you find the puddle lights option? I am definitely going to get those...unless they are outrageously priced. I checked Evannex but didn't see it there. Thanks!
I believe Abstract Ocean.

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats and welcome to the forums.

Besides the wrapped Aero covers (not a big fan of the covers AND that wrap - what were they thinking!!), was there any other modifications done?

I'm considering doing a carbon fiber wrap on the wood trim and the center console, have to convince the missus first tho ... which may take longer than the wait for the car :rolleyes:
No other mods were done to the car....well, just a Model 3 license plate holder. Lol

I am going to get that wood part wrapped also, as well as the piano black console area. A guy quoted me $300 to do both. Anyone know if that wood piece is removable? At quick glance he didn’t think it was.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I would use the one that @Brett linked at Amazon. That seller has the red logo or white if you want brighter puddle illumination. Under $50 and simple light replacement with no extra drilling. If you want to do front and back doors then you need 2 sets.

Does the M3 have puddle lights?

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would use the one that @Brett linked at Amazon. That seller has the red logo or white if you want brighter puddle illumination. Under $50 and simple light replacement with no extra drilling. If you want to do front and back doors then you need 2 sets.

Does the M3 have puddle lights?
I just order 2 sets in red, I think they look killer. :)

Charlie W

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country