bgerrish

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Hello from New England! I am currently in the process of choosing which Tesla model to purchase. I have been a follower of the brand for years and love the message and mission of the company. While I love the look and performance features of the Model S, the Model 3 also fits my needs and price range. I was hoping to gain some insight and feedback about officially joining the EV community and any shared experiences on what it is like to become a Tesla owner. Any drawbacks, success stories, advice, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. As you all know, this is a big, but necessary step! Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Bigriver

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome! :)

Browse through the existing threads on this site. Or try searching for topics that interest you. You'll find lots of discussions on all aspects of these cars.

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome!

it’s a personal decision. I love the exterior of the S but it would never fit in my garage or the urban parking spaces I use nor could I justify the cost based on my driving patterns. Took a test drive in the S but had the restraint not to buy and, instead, stood in line to pre-order the 3. Even though the 3 exterior has good and bad angles, it’s a fantastic car!

Took a long cross country the year I got it and, while in CA, took it in for some minor checks and tire rotation. Got lucky enough to get a loner (S) but, after 5k miles of amazing visibility in the 3, I felt cramped in the S cockpit. Would probably get used to it but definitely felt happy back in my 3; not to mention, at the time, better range.

Best thing, for you, is everything except the new roadster and the cyber truck is on the road and available for test drives or rentals.

David blue model 3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
David, a one year owner of a 2020 model 3. I going on road trip next month. First one with the EV. I will be using the supercharging network, but would like to have access to other networks such as evgo, etc. for side trips. However, Is here one account that I can get that will access all the networks?? I searched the forums but could not find a similar topic. I have been reading the forums here since I have had the car. They have been very helpful. Thank you in for your past advice and in advance for network roaming information.

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
David, a one year owner of a 2020 model 3. I going on road trip next month. First one with the EV. I will be using the supercharging network, but would like to have access to other networks such as evgo, etc. for side trips. However, Is here one account that I can get that will access all the networks?? I searched the forums but could not find a similar topic. I have been reading the forums here since I have had the car. They have been very helpful. Thank you in for your past advice and in advance for network roaming information.
I road trip A LOT. And I've never had the need to fast charge using anyone other than Tesla. When I find myself in a charging "desert" , as I will next week around Glacier National Park, I rely on car-camping in state parks, and L2 apps(Plugshare and ChargeHub are my favorites). Tesla.com can also be useful to locate destination chargers. Hotels.com now has an EV charging filter if you'd like to go that route. Have a great trip!

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I will be using the supercharging network, but would like to have access to other networks such as evgo, etc.
A fast charging network like evgo or Electrify America will require the $400 Chademo adapter. Do you have that? If not, make sure that you really need it for your route.
However, Is here one account that I can get that will access all the networks?
No. That’s part of the pain of third party charging. You need to set up an account for each network and on top of that, third party networks can be unreliable. Use PlugShare to figure out which networks are common where you’re going. I usually manage with a ChargePoint and Blink membership for my overnight level 2 charging needs, but I don’t travel as much as others here on the forum.

• Helpful
Reactions: garsh

Jim H

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I road trip A LOT. And I've never had the need to fast charge using anyone other than Tesla. When I find myself in a charging "desert" , as I will next week around Glacier National Park, I rely on car-camping in state parks, and L2 apps(Plugshare and ChargeHub are my favorites). Tesla.com can also be useful to locate destination chargers. Hotels.com now has an EV charging filter if you'd like to go that route. Have a great trip!
Was in Whitefish, Mt last year and saw two places to stay that had charging. A nice large resort and a B&B. If looking for a place to stay and charge around Glacier there seems to be quite a few options. While in Glacier, you want to hike up to the Avalanche Lake. Quite spectacular.

• Helpful
Reactions: FRC