New member Tesla 2015 S85D

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

rafacq

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Greetings from Dallas Ft Worth. New member here. I am a proud owner of a 2015 S85D purchased used in April 2019 with 12,004 miles.

I hardly slept 2 hours the night before my delivery. We took a red eye flight from DFW to San Diego to go pick up our car. At the airport we took an Uber to San Diego Delivery Center and arrived at 9:05AM. They were still not opened. Around 9:15AM a Tesla employee arrived, saw us outside with our bags, and kindly asked us to come in, sit down and have some coffee while he got the center opened. Within 15 minutes he came back and ask for our credentials and what time was my appointment. I told him it was for 12:30PM. He said no problem and he would start my delivery process.

About 20 minutes later he came back out and we started signing the delivery paperwork. I handed him my FedEx letter I had received the day before. Another 15 minutes later he came to tell us they had completed the safety inspection of the car and it would take about another hour for them to detail the car. What an incredible feeling to know the dream was about to come true!

Around 11:30AM Colton came back and said your car is outside waiting for you to view it and inspect it. WOW! What an incredible moment that was for me. The car looked spectacular, just as if it was brand new! The color was fantastic, it is the original Pacific Metallic Blue and it looked awesome. We spent a few days in Palmdale visiting relatives then headed back home. What an awesome drive!

Here are some photos of LAZULI taken in Fort Worth, TX.

LAZULI-2.jpg
LAZULI-3.jpg
LAZULI-5.jpg
LAZULI-6.jpg

djejnyc

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wow, beautiful car! Congratulations on joining the EV family. You are going to be so happy in your Model S, such a fun and amazing car, enjoy!

Reactions: rafacq

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great pics - even when wet. Welcome to the forum. We've actually met once in person at a local event before the past year kept us all away from each other. I haven't made it to the Coyote Drive In or the EV day last week.

Hoping to be out at the next gathering whatever it may be.

• Agree

rafacq

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Great pics - even when wet. Welcome to the forum. We've actually met once in person at a local event before the past year kept us all away from each other. I haven't made it to the Coyote Drive In or the EV day last week.

Hoping to be out at the next gathering whatever it may be.
Thanks for the kind comment! Yes, I loved the wet look! Surprised to hear we have met! Hope we can do it again soon. I also missed the last Coyote Drive In and EV events from last week.

Blue Meanie

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
She's a beauty... enjoy your experience! I'm still having too much fun after two plus years of ownership ;)

rafacq

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
She's a beauty... enjoy your experience! I'm still having too much fun after two plus years of ownership ;)
Thanks! Yes, the last two years have been awesome. Lookin forward to some road trips as the pandemic goes away! Hoping! BTW... loved flying to San Diego to pick up the car.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Love the metallic blue! My 2015 85D has 114k miles on it now and after a warranty replacement of the HV battery I plan on hanging on to it until it gives me major trouble. I just got new wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler, and just scheduled a stereo upgrade including a sub and 5 channel amp.

rafacq

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Love the metallic blue! My 2015 85D has 114k miles on it now and after a warranty replacement of the HV battery I plan on hanging on to it until it gives me major trouble. I just got new wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler, and just scheduled a stereo upgrade including a sub and 5 channel amp.
Yes! I also love the Pacific Metallic Blue. I was lucky to find a car with only 12,004 miles. I though by now I would be close to 50,000 miles with all the road trips I had in mind, but nature threw us a curve with COVID and now the car has 31,100 miles. The good news is , still got 2 years on the warranty.

There were 3 things I was trying to find when searching for a used Tesla. EV-CPO.COM was a huge help adding filters in my search. My priorities where, 1) SubZero Package, the heated steering wheel was a must for my always cold hands, 2) Premium Sound (yes, a sub makes a huge difference) and 3) no smart air suspension. Yes I know, Air Suspension is a smoother ride but I am planning to keep the car for a long time and kept thinking air suspension could be costly to repair after my warranty expired.

As I searched, I learned I also wanted either Premium Interior, or the Technology package. Mine has the Tech package which I learned has all the fancy lights, Autopilot, and the power hatch in the back, and who knows what else. Anyone knows where to find a description of what the Tech package added (besides what I mentioned?

Thanks for the kind comments!

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I also love the Pacific Metallic Blue.
I also like that color a lot. Wish they would bring it back. Some criticized it for being too dark and just appearing black, but that’s what I like about it. A very deep, rich color.
Anyone knows where to find a description of what the Tech package added (besides what I mentioned?
“Tech package” is a term that hasn’t been used by Tesla for a very long time. And if like the also defunct term “premium upgrade package,” Tesla sometimes changed what it consisted of. I looked back in web archives, and the earliest I found detailed info on the model S was July 2016. They had already stopped having a “Tech Package” at that point. Perhaps the info here might be of some interest anyway:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160729154032/https:/www.tesla.com/models/design

rafacq

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I also like that color a lot. Wish they would bring it back. Some criticized it for being too dark and just appearing black, but that’s what I like about it. A very deep, rich color.

“Tech package” is a term that hasn’t been used by Tesla for a very long time. And if like the also defunct term “premium upgrade package,” Tesla sometimes changed what it consisted of. I looked back in web archives, and the earliest I found detailed info on the model S was July 2016. They had already stopped having a “Tech Package” at that point. Perhaps the info here might be of some interest anyway:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160729154032/https:/www.tesla.com/models/design
Thanks! I also found this link with an extensive description of many changes over the years.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.